Sea of Rust: Part 2

It says a lot about a mech when a simple glare can make Hot Rod go quiet.

It was over an hour later when Ultra Magnus had had enough of waiting - a new record, Springer noted with amusement - and went to go check up on the captain and the third in command. The others were starting to get out of recharge as the S.I.C dragged them down the seven flights of stairs to get to the rec-room and Springer could see that the two were scuffed up but their EM fields gave off waves of playfulness. So they decided to wrestle each other. Springer thought as he gave them a side eye while Skyfire stood in front of him with a datapad talking about taking the other flight capable mechs and femmes to do a long ranged scouting for anything useful. Springer just nodded his helm, trusting that the big white shuttle-former would keep everyone safe.

Skyfire may be a gentle mech at spark, but he didn't mess around when it came to those under his direct command. It was why he was made Aerial Commander in the first place. He was basically a gentle giant and that's what was needed for some of the flying mechs on the Lost Light.

"How many times have I told you two not to dent each other up so early in the morning? Knowing that you two would have to report in for work not too long after getting up." The much taller and broader blue and red mech scolded, tone and expression stern and not in the mood to humor either of the two speedsters he was semi-manhandling through the rec-room towards the energon dispensers. Magnus may be a hard-aft with a super dry sense of humor - though many have bets and often joke that Magnus was incapable of joking or understanding jokes in the first place - but it was common knowledge that he would lay down his life to protect or save anyone in the crew of the Lost Light. It's this quality about him that makes him so respected. Magnus respects and is given respect in return, much like the captain and his T.I.C Drift.

"Aw come on Mags! It was just a bit of fun!" Hot Rod whines almost childishly - though in essence he was a child, in his mid teens that is. "Captain, we were supposed to head out over an hour ago, close to two hours now, to go scouting for materials that are still useful." Ultra Magnus chided as they stopped in front of the dispensers and lets them go so they can bring their energon levels back up to full. "Because you two decided to...play, we're now very behind schedule since Skyfire and his aerial team will be leaving shortly." Drift and Hot Rod share a look at this as they get their cubes. The second in command watches them get their cubes like a cyberhawk and Hot Rod grumbles under his breath about this because he wouldn't be able to sneak away again to go for a drive. "It's not like we need to go to the infirmary to see FirstAid. It's just some dents and paint chipping, Magnus." Drift decided to speak up this time before Hot Rod could say something dumb and get them in deeper trouble...like mouthing off and getting them both something akin to a grounding. And Drift knows how much his Amica hates being treated like a youngling.

Though they were both the same age honestly and yet Drift showed more maturity.
Might be because of being spiritually aware of everything around him and being able to see the life force of his fellow Cybertronians. Each with a unique aura about them that fluctuates with their feelings yet always the same color.

Ultra Magnus was a brilliant aquamarine blue, the aura a steady thrum of calm and security.

Hot Rod's aura was just as fiery as his personality and paintjob. And it shone like a beacon of hope for those around him.

Springer's aura was a deep forest green, a lot like Hot Rod's but the difference was that Springer's was unsteady, it fluctuated more.

And Pharma...
Well it's best not to talk or think about his aura. It wasn't such a good thing.