How You Met

Ever since you got recruited to join the scout regiment, you always had your eyes out for a certain somebody.

That somebody would be Hanji Zoe. The Titan-obsessed squad leader as people would call them.

Almost everyone (except the people that worked alongside them) thought that they were weird in the head, but you didn't think that at all.

You would always look for them whenever you had the chance or when you weren't busy training.

You would often catch them taking small glances at you, and then quickly looking away. You thought it was cute since they always had a slight blush across their face as they did so.

Then, one fateful day when you were eating dinner, Hanji walked up to your table. They finally got up the courage to go up and talk to you with the help of Moblit.

"Hey there, I'm Hanji!" they said, happily reaching out their hand for you to shake. You look up from your bowl of food, surprised to see them sitting in front of you now.

With the slightest bit of nervousness, you ended up stumbling over your words. "H-Hi! It's so nice to meet you Hanji, I'm Y/n-!" you said smiling and shaking their hand.

Hanji wasted no time starting a conversation with you. The things they talked about were pretty random but you found interest in everything they said. As Hanji continued to speak you saw them smile and wink at someone behind you.

You turn around to see Moblit giving them a thumbs up and mouthing a "Good job!". You smiled to yourself and turned your attention back to Hanji.

You both left dinner early to go walk around outside and get some fresh air.
You listened as Hanji continued to talk about the Titans they had captured.

Hanji saw how interested you were. They were happy to have somebody to talk to that didn't think of them as "weird".

Before you knew it, everybody was back in their rooms, ready for lights out. "Oh no, Levi is gonna flip if I'm not back in time for the meeting... Let me walk you to your room first ok?" Hanji says, quickly taking your hand and leading the way.

In only a short amount of time, you were standing in front of your door. "Thank you for tonight Hanji it was nice.." you say, a slight blush on your face.

They give you a smile and a nod, quickly making their way down the hall. "Wait Hanji!" you yell. "Yeah Y/n?!" they say, stopping in their tracks and turning around. "How did you know this was my room?" you ask curiously.

You could practically see their red face from where you were standing. "Oh um... L-Lucky guess!" they say nervously, quickly turning around and back to sprinting down the corridor.

You chuckle to yourself and open your room door, walking inside and shutting it. You flop on your bed and hide your face in your pillow, happy that you both finally spoke.