When You Get Hurt on an Expedition

It was finally time. The 57th expedition Outside the Walls. Everyone was more than nervous, they were scared.

You got your sachel ready with everything you would need and mounted your horse. You stood between Connie and Sasha, awaiting orders from Commander Erwin.

You looked over at Hanji, meeting their gaze. They looked over at you and gave you a quick smile and a thumbs-up.

"This is the day we take another step forward! one of the scouts yelled out. "Open the gate!" Everyone cheered loudly, their arms raised, swords in hand.

Your hands were shaking as the gate slowly opened. "Soldiers move out!!!" Commander Erwin yelled. And just like that, you were off.

Everyone followed close behind each other until you were told to split up. A few titans ran towards you all, the soldiers quickly springing into action and killing them with ease.

"Soldiers, enter the formation!!" Commander Erwin yelled out, still looking forward. You had gone with Sasha as the rest of the group entered formation and split up.

You rode right beside her through a small village coming to a sudden stop, a titan had appeared.

You both quickly ride away as Sasha looked for the right smoke signal. She struggles to put it in the gun and ends up dropping it.

"Y/n!" she yells in a panic. You quickly grabbed the red one from your sachel and loaded it in the gun. "Cover your ears!" You yell, setting off the signal.

2 other soldiers noticed you and quickly led the Titan away so you both could regroup with the others.

You and Sasha had gotten word from Connie that Jean, Armin, and Reiner had run into the Female Titan. "Shit.." you mumbled to yourself. Your train of thought was soon interrupted.

"Y/n. I need you to go and group up with Levi's squad." Commander Erwin said looking back at you. "Me?!" you asked nervously. Erwin points to his right. "There. In that forest."

You hesitate before Sasha reaches for your hand. "We'll be right behind you if anything happens Y/n." You nod gripping Sasha's hand before letting go.

You quickly rode off and caught up to Levi's squad. You were riding next to Petra, her reassuring you that everything would be ok.

You suddenly felt the ground rumble. You look back and see that the Female Titan was running right behind the group. Petra noticed and started panicking.

"Captain, your orders?!" Petra yelled, her voice shaking from fear, but Levi stayed silent. The Titan kept getting closer, you gripped the reins on your horse as you kept looking behind.

"Captain, it's getting closer..!" you yell, your voice cracking. "Fight." Levi said, going faster, Eren following close behind. You all left your horses and quickly got into formation.

Everything happened so fast. You were fighting just as you all had been told and were able to temporarily blind the Female Titan.

Next thing you know, you were laying flat on the forest floor. You had lost control of your ODM gear and went back first, hitting a tree.