When You Get Your Period

Today started as a relatively good day. You woke up on time, you felt well-rested, and you had enough energy stored up to last you for the day.

You were also super excited about training, which was unusual. Everyone would be working with the ODM gear today so maybe that was why you were so excited.

You got out of bed and began to get ready. You put on your uniform and tied your hair back.

Once finished, you started making your way to Sasha's room. You knock on the door only to hear snoring coming from the other side.

"Damnit Sasha.." you say swinging the door open and letting yourself in. You walk over and start shaking her awake.

"Sasha come on! Wake up!" you say poking her sides. She jolts awake and whines. "Just a few more minutes y/n..!" she says trying to get back under the covers.

"Noooo! Come on or else we're gonna be late." you say yanking the blanket off of her. She punches her pillow and sits up yawning.

"Fine fine! But wait outside!" she says standing up and pushing you out the door, shutting it behind you.

As you waited for Sasha, you see Connie walking towards you. You smile and wave. "Morning!" you say. "Morning y/n!" Connie says smiling back. "Potato girl sleep in again?" he says rolling his eyes. "Yep." you say chuckling.

Once you, Sasha, and Connie were together, you went to go meet Jean in the mess hall. Luckily, he was able to get a good table for you all before the rest of the cadets started crowding in.

You 4 ate and talked amongst yourselves, laughing about the fight Eren and Jean had last night during dinner. "That's why he always needs Mikasa to drag him away.." Jean says still annoyed.

"If you hate him so much, why do you guys still talk? Huh, horse face?" Connie asks bursting out laughing. "Stop calling me that already!" Jean says pushing Connie away.

You all finish breakfast and begin walking out of the mess hall, making your way to HQ to gear up for training.
As you were gearing up, you started getting a funny feeling.

"Ow.. what the heck.." you say holding your stomach. "Are you ok y/n?" Jean asks looking over at you. You look up and nod your head.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just give me a second.." "Alright then. We'll be waiting for you to join our group!" Jean says with a smile, taking his leave. After a few seconds, the feeling went away. You began making your way outside with the others.

As training went on, the pain comes back in full force, causing you to stop on the buildings multiple times. You felt something, it wasn't a pleasant feeling, you felt icky and wet.

You stopped in your tracks as Sasha came up behind you. "Hey, y/n what's wrong??" Sasha asks concerned.

"Hey, Sasha um.. can you check me?" you ask embarrassed. Sasha catches on and nods.

You turn around and hear a gasp. "Y/n.. I don't mean to make you embarrassed but there's a red spot on the back of your pants." Sasha says nervously.
You gasp as you quickly take off your jacket and tie it around your waist.

"Tell Captain Levi I'm heading to the infirmary." you say as you quickly swing down from the building you were standing on. Sasha nods in response as she does the same, running to find Levi.

You speed walk to the infirmary, making it without any issues. You quickly grab what you need from the cabinets and rush to your room to grab a change of clothes and a towel to shower.

After you shower, you get dressed in one of Hanji's button-downs that you stole and sit on your bed. "Why did this have to happen today... Everything was going so good!" you think aloud.

A knock on your door emerges causing you to look up. "Come in.." you say softly. Hanji peaks in and smiles. "Hey, my love, what happened? I heard you had to leave training."

You sigh and plop down onto the bed. "I got my period Hanji.." you say hiding your face in your pillow. Hanji pauses and stands there in the doorway. "I see... Just a moment." Hanji says walking away and down the hall.

A few minutes pass and Hanji still wasn't back yet. You whine in pain due to the cramps, curling up into a ball. "God damnit!" you say.

Hanji runs in and shuts the door behind them with a basket full of things. "I'm back and with stuff for you sweetheart!" Hanji says smiling, walking over to your bed and setting the stuff down.

They adjust the pillows behind you, helping you sit up and place something on your stomach, plugging it into the outlet by your bed.

"What's this..?" you ask, looking at it curiously. "This is called a heating pad. It heats up! It's really neat actually.." Hanji says smiling.

"Here. You can adjust how much heat you want to come from it with this little remote thingy!" Hanji says handing you the remote.

You nod in understanding as you set it to a perfect temperature. You lay back and sigh in relief. "This feels great.." you say smiling a little.

Hanji pulls out a water bottle, holding a pill in their hand. "Now you have to take this for the cramps to calm.. Trust me, it helps. Now open." Hanji says placing the pill against your lower lip.

You open your mouth slightly as they slide the pill in, handing you the bottle of water. You gulp the pill down and sigh again, leaning against the pillows.

"I also brought you some pads and clean towels for you when you run out!" Hanji says pointing at the basket.

You stare in awe as you pull them in, hugging them tightly. "Thank you... You are truly, a lifesaver." you say, giving Hanji a peck on the cheek.

They blush and return the kiss. "Well, I try!" they say, wrapping their arms around you.

As the week went by, Hanji watched over you, bringing you things when you needed them and just being there.

You felt guilty about taking so many days off from training but Hanji reassured you that everything would be alright and that you could make up for it. You were happy to have someone like them by your side.

Sure enough, your period only lasted 5 days, and was able to get back to training shortly after!

Sadly for you though, Levi wasn't too pleased about how many days you took off and made sure you trained hard.