Going to See the Ocean

It was a big day for the Survey Corps. With the Titans outside of the walls, now being completely wiped out, everyone was free to venture out further than they had before.

You had just woken up beside Hange in their bed, and you were excited. You sat up and stretched, leaning over and poking their cheek.

"Hange.. Hange, wake up.. Today's the day, my love." You whispered softly. Hange slightly stirred in their sleep as you poked them, their eyes slowly opening as they laid their eye on you. "Y/N.." Hange says with a lazy smile.

"Come on.. wake up! Aren't you excited for today? Remember.. You're the one who proposed that we go out and see if this ocean place really exists." You say as you scooted yourself off the bed.

Hange chuckled and nodded, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from their eyes. "Yes.. I suppose that's true.. After so long, we're finally free. We can finally go out and explore more than what we could ever imagine!" Hange says, jumping up from the bed and grabbing you.

You gasped, not having enough time to react as they lifted you up and spun you around. You laughed as you held onto their shoulders for support. "Don't drop me!" You say, lightly hitting them.

"I would never drop you, sweetheart~" They say with a small smirk, setting you back down on the floor, their arms now wrapped around your waist.

"I'm so happy.. I'm so happy you're still here with me.." Hange says softly, their face nuzzling into your hair. You smiled at this, wrapping your arms around their neck. "So am I.. I'm happy that you're still here with me too.." You say, pulling away and planting a soft kiss on their cheek.

Hange smiled and returned the kiss, placing one on your forehead. "Now.. Shall we get ready, darling?" They ask, taking your hand and kissing it.

You chuckled and nodded. "Of course! I'll meet you in front of headquarters with everyone else after I'm done." You say before waving goodbye, taking your leave out of Hange's office.

After heading back to your room, you immediately got to getting ready. You washed your face, put your hair up, and got your uniform together to put on.

After you finished putting your cloak on, you heard multiple knocks on your door, two voices coming from the other side belonging to none other than Sasha and Connie.

You smiled and rushed over to the door, opening it for your friends. "Y/N!! Are you ready? Everyone's outside getting the horses together!" Sasha sa excited, dragging you out of the room. "Yeah! Come on, Y/N! Let's go!" Connie said, taking your other arm and dragging you down the corridor with Sasha.

You were just as excited as your two friends were, and you were more than grateful that you three could go out and explore this world together.

The three of you made it outside to the stables to get your assigned horses situated, along with the things you would need for this journey.

Everybody was ready to go, all except for one person that was missing. Hange was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Commander Hange?" Armin asked, looking around, confused. "I told four-eyes to be here early so we could hurry and go." Levi said, slightly irritated.