When Hange is Sick

This is a continuation of the last chapter!
★★★★★

You lean against the doorframe with your arms crossed. "You wouldn't happen to be sick now would you Hanji?" you ask in a sarcastic but playful tone.

Hanji tries to hide their flushed face "I'm not sick at all! I'm perfectly fine.." they say coughing and looking away.

You sigh as you walk over and set your hand on their forehead. "You're burning up... Stay here and don't move." you say as you walk away and out of the room.

You quickly make your way to the infirmary. You walk in and see that Moblit was there restocking the supplies.

"Moblit! Thank god you're here. Hanji caught a fever... Can you help me get some supplies together?" you ask. "Yeah of course Y/n." he says getting up and dusting himself off.

Moblit fills a bowl with cold water while you grab a washcloth and some medicine out of the cabinet. After you both gathered what you needed, Moblit helped you carry the stuff up to Hanji's room.

You entered the room and immediately notice Hanji on the floor by the bed. "Hanji?! What happened?! Are you ok?!" you say setting the supplies down and rushing over to their side.

"Just leave me here.." Hanji whines into the carpet. "I'm afraid I can't do that.." you say stroking their cheek. "Now come on so I can take care of you properly." you say, gently helping Hanji back onto the bed.

"Thank you for the help Moblit, I can take it from here!" you say as he sets the bowl of water down on the nightstand. "Alright then, call me if you need anything. Get well soon Hanji!" Moblit says before leaving the room.

You sit down on the chair next to the bed and soak the washcloth in the bowl of water.

You ring it out and gently place it on Hanji's forehead. They sigh, a bit more relaxed now than before. They then grab for your hand which you take in your own.

"I told you not to stay with me in the tent.." you say. "But you were sick and needed help..!" Hanji says in their defense, sitting up slightly.

"I know, but now you're just as sick as I was... Probably worse!" you say gripping Hanji's hand. "But I have you to take care of me now.." Hanji says with a weak smile.

You lean down and kiss them on the forehead. "I promise you'll feel better in no time my love.."

(A few days later)

Hanji's fever had gotten worse. You sigh in frustration as Moblit looked for another medicine in the bag he brought.

"Hanji keep your eyes open for me please.." you say with their head in your lap. "I found it!" Moblit says, pulling out the medicine he was looking for.

"And your sure this one will reduce the fever..?" you ask in a worried tone.

"I promise it will work this time Y/n. Don't worry one bit." Moblit says filling up a syringe with the medicine. You had no choice but to trust his word.

Moblit carefully hands you the syringe. "Hanji honey, open your mouth so you can take this.." you say softly. "Mm.." they say in response opening their mouth the best they could.

You push the syringe with the medicine inside their mouth, Hanji instantly scrunching up their face at the taste.

"Just a little more hold on.." you say pushing the last bit in. You gently lift Hanji's head and help them drink some water to wash the taste down.

You hand the syringe back to Moblit, thanking him once again for the help. "It's no trouble at all!" he says with a smile and a wave before taking his leave.

You sigh in relief seeing Hanji sleeping peacefully. You lay their head down on the pillow and pull the blanket over you both.

"Please get better.." you whisper, leaving a soft kiss on Hanji's cheek, interlocking your fingers with theirs.

The next morning comes and you feel someone shaking you. "Ahhhh!" you say jolting awake.

"I'm all better Y/n!!" Hanji says as they stop shaking you. You rub your eyes and smile. "I'm so glad you are.. You have no idea how worried I was about you. I thought something bad was going to happen.." you say with your head down.

Hanji plants a kiss on your forehead. "Of course not. You can't get rid of me that easy now Y/n."