Chapter 3

I sprayed my cologne and looked in the mirror. I was wearing a white t-shirt with grey cargo sweatpants and Air Force 1s. I had just gotten out of the shower after training with Duke. And I got my ass whooped again by Edgar. But I lasted a little longer in the ring this time.

I grabbed my duffle bag and threw it over my shoulder. I walked out of the locker room and into the gym. I spotted Ariana talking to Duke while literally every guy in the gym stood around her.

"Alright, I'll see you, Uncle Duke." I said walking towards the door.

Ariana locked eyes with me and pointed. I pointed back to her.

"I came here for you." Ariana said.

"For me?" I asked.

"Come on, I just knocked her on her ass like thirty minutes ago. You'd pick her over me?" Edgar said.

"I don't give a fuck about boxing, so yeah I will pick my bodyguard over you." Ariana said.

"Bodyguard?" One of the other guys asked.

"It's like a one event thing." I said.

"I'm a better fighter. I could be your bodyguard." Edgar said.

"No." Was all Ariana said as she walked away from him.

She came over to me. I looked at Edgar and shrugged.

"He is right. He did just whoop me." I said.

"I don't really care. I know that you would protect me if needed, and that's what's important. Are you hungry?" She said.

"Yeah, I'm starving." I said.

"Come on, let's go eat." She said walking out of the door.

"Bye, Unc." I waved to Duke.

"Bye, Rock. Goodbye, princess." Duke said.

"Fuck you, Duke." Ariana said flipping him off.

I followed her out of the door and to her car. I put my bag in the backseat and then got in the passenger seat. Ariana sat in the driver seat and put her seat belt on. I put mine on as well.

"Did you have a particular place in mind to eat?" I asked.

"I was thinking Mexican." She said.

"That's good with me." I said.

As Ariana drove to the restaurant, we sat in silence. I didn't really have much to say. I was so nervous. I couldn't believe I was sitting in Ariana Grande's car.

Once we got to the restaurant, we went inside and sat at a booth.

"Have you been here before?" Ariana asked me.

"Yeah, I get take out from here sometimes." I said.

"How long have you lived here?" She asked.

"Two years." I answered.

"You moved here to box?" She asked.

"Yeah, I did. But I didn't have a trainer until Duke since I couldn't afford one." I said.

"You may need a better trainer than Duke since you have a second black eye in the one week that I've seen you." Ariana said.

"It's just cause I'm new, I think. Duke has me spar with Edgar, and Edgar kinda likes to push me around." I said.

"Why don't you shut him up?" Ariana asked.

"I try. He's been boxing professionally for a lot longer than me though. My mom didn't want me to fight, so I didn't get to have like formal training." I said.