Chapter 10

"Look at the fucking champ! Rocky's back!" Duke shouted as I walked in the gym.

The fighters training in the gym all clapped as I walked in. I laughed and waved at everyone on my walk to the locker room.

"It's been three weeks already?" Edgar asked as I entered the locker room.

He was wrapping his hands as he sat on one of the benches.

"Yeah, three weeks exactly." I said.

"You sure you're good to start training again?" Edgar asked.

"Why? You worried about me?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm worried that you're gonna lose a fight, embarrass Duke, then I gotta find a new gym." He said.

I smiled at him.

"You're worried about me." I said.

"No, I'm not. I don't give a fuck." He said.

My phone rang, and I took it out of my pocket. I saw it was Ariana, so I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"You are coming to a party at The Weeknd's house tonight. You can't say no, only yes." Ariana said.

"Are you sure I can't say no?" I asked.

"I'm positive. You're coming. I'll text you the address." She said.

"Can I invite Edgar?" I asked.

"The fuck are you inviting me to?" Edgar asked.

I waved him off.

"The boy that gave you two black eyes and said he'd be a better bodyguard than you?" Ariana asked.

"He just likes to tease me. Can he come?" I said.

"Yeah, I don't care." Ariana said.

"Great, see you later." I said hanging up.

I put my phone back into my pocket.

"Hello? What the fuck did you get me invited to?" He asked.

"A party at The Weeknd's house. It'll be my 'sorry for leaving you at the club' gift." I answered.

"Well I guess I could fit that in my schedule." Edgar said.

"You have nothing else in your fucking schedule. I know it." I said.

"You want me to fucking give you another black eye?" He said.

"You wouldn't get the chance, slow ass." I said.

"Soon as Duke has us spar today, it's over for you." Edgar said getting up.

"I don't know. I knocked you down before. I get that uppercut in again, and you're done for." I said.

Edgar smiled at me.

"I hate that I kinda like you." He said.

"Don't be ashamed that you're in love with me." I said.

"What's going on with you and Ms. Grande?" He asked.

"She's my friend. My first friend actually. We've hung out a few times, but we haven't hung out since the night we went to the club." I said.

"You aren't dating her?" He asked.

"No, why would you think that?" I asked.

"Her fucking Instagram post after the fight with Nicholson. I thought that picture of you two holding each other was an engagement announcement or something. Also she came to the club for like two seconds and you left as soon as she told you to. You like her?" Edgar said.