Chapter 31

I hopped around the ring and watched Edgar's hands.

"Watch the feet, watch the feet." I told him.

I did the Ali shuffle, and he gasped.

"Do it again." He said.

"Watch the feet!" I said.

I did the shuffle again. As soon as he looked, I threw a right hook to his head, and he stumbled back.

"Bitch!" He yelled.

"Thirty seconds." Duke said.

Edgar moved back in. I put my hands up to block a punch. As soon as I went to punch, Edgar threw an uppercut. He immediately threw a right hook to my body.

I screamed in pain and fell to the ground.

"Y/N, what the fuck?" Edgar asked as he bent down to me.

"My fucking ribs." I breathed out.

I wheezed as I inhaled. I tried to catch my breath, and my chest got tight.

"Rocky, what the fuck happened?" Duke asked as he walked over to us.

"My ribs." I said.

"It was a light hit, Y/N. I didn't even hit you that hard." Edgar said.

"I know." I said.

"What did the doctor say after your fight with Carmie when you got checked out?" Duke asked.

I looked up at him.

"I didn't." I said.

Edgar and Duke groaned.

"Well gym is closing. Go home, everybody!" Duke yelled.

The other boxers in the gym stopped their workouts.

"You are so dumb." Edgar told me.

———

The sound of my bedroom door opening woke me up. I turned over onto my back and looked at the door. Ariana screamed when she saw me.

"Hi, babe." I said.

"I thought you had training until one." She said.

"Yeah, but I broke my rib." I said. I looked at the plastic CVS bag in her hand. "What's that?"

"I'm sorry, you broke your rib?" She asked.

"Yeah, and it punctured my lung a little. It's chill though. They gave me pain meds and said I was fine." I told her. "What's in the bag?"

"Pregnancy tests." Ariana said.

I quickly sat up in the bed. I winced in pain from the sudden movement.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm three weeks late. I'm never late. It's not a big deal." She said walking to the bathroom.

"Not a big deal? You have fucking pregnancy tests in that bag!" I said as I climbed out of bed. "And you said three weeks. That's a long ass time!"

I followed after her to the bathroom and stood in the doorway.

"It's just a test." She shrugged.

"That says if you're pregnant or not. Do you know what pregnant means? It means baby." I said.

"Give me five minutes?" She said.

Ariana shut the bathroom door in my face and locked it.

"Fuck." I groaned.