Chapter 11

"Y/N, what were you thinking?" Joan asked as I walked into the kitchen.

It had been two days since The Weeknd's party. As of today, it was official that I was going to fight David Morrell in two weeks. It was a short amount of time, but he was adamant that he wanted to get in the ring as soon as possible. And everyone disagreed with the decision, but I had my pride on the line. I knew I shouldn't have been so prideful, but I was.

When I told my mother who I was fighting, she cried on the phone to me. It broke my heart to hear her, but I couldn't back down. My dad was so upset that he couldn't talk to me.

"He was starting shit. I want to finish it." I said.

Marjorie was sitting at the kitchen table. I walked over to it and sat down beside her.

"Y/N, I looked up this David guy today. You have to back down." Marjorie said.

"I'm not backing down, Marge. I already agreed." I said.

"Y/N, he has won eight out of nine fights through knockout. Knockout." Joan said.

I heard the front door open.

"Yeah, I know they're by knockout. That's why I'm training now." I said.

"You don't get it. You're gonna fight him. And you don't wanna make it past the first round with him." Joan said.

Ariana walked into the kitchen. She kissed Joan on the cheek and walked over to the kitchen table. Ariana kissed Marge on the cheek and sat down in front of us.

"I didn't know you were coming here." I said.

"I don't have to tell you everything." Ariana shrugged.

I looked at her strangely.

"We're not done with this conversation, Y/N. Your mother is terrified. And she has good reason to be." Joan said.

"I wasn't trying to fight him. I wasn't even gonna interact with him past telling him to leave. But then he called Ariana a bitch, and I flipped." I said.

"Okay, what he said to Ariana was wrong. He shouldn't have said it, it's disgusting, but it's just words. She's a grown woman. She can get over words. You don't have to put your life on the line just to defend her." Marjorie said.

"I'm not putting my life on the line." I said grabbing her hand.

"Y/N, we know what he did in his last fight." Joan said.

"What? What did he do in his last fight?" Ariana asked.

She looked at me with confusion on her face. I looked away from her. Marjorie and Joan fell silent too.

"You tell her, Y/N." Joan said.

I looked down at my hands.

"He gave him a brain bleed. They had to put him in a medically induced coma." I said as I looked back up at Ariana.

Ariana looked at me with panicked eyes.

"He did what?" She asked.

"The guy is fine now. He's perfectly fine. He wasn't even in the coma for that long." I said.

"It's a fucking coma!" Ariana shouted.

"I know what it is." I said.

"Honey, I think you need to consider giving the fight up. It's not worth it. Savannah said your father is especially worried. He hasn't been able to sleep." Joan said.

I stood up.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna go throw up outside." I said.

"Y/N, no, it's okay. It's not your fault! It's in your nature to want to fight." Joan said.