Chapter 15

"So when you throw your right hook, is it your body that you have to cover? That's the problem?" Ariana asked.

"It's not even a problem anymore. If I throw a hook, I'm covering myself immediately." I told her.

We were sitting at her house after dinner at Marge's. It was the day before my fight with David, and I honestly was really nervous. I had a lot of things on my mind, and I had been training non stop all week.

"Okay, spar me." Ariana said as she straddled me.

I groaned.

"I've been sparing all day, and you really want me to whoop you right now?" I asked.

"Whoop me? You're delusional." Ariana said.

I very lightly jabbed Ariana's arm twice. Ariana tried to punch me, and I blocked it.

"You suck at this." I said.

"Can you just not block as fast?" She asked.

"No, why would I do that? We're supposed to be fighting." I said.

"Okay, well you need to even the playing field." Ariana said.

"Or you need to not fucking suck." I said.

Ariana wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her closer to me.

"I'm really nervous about your fight." She said as she put her forehead against mine.

"I'll be fine. I promise." I said.

"But you can't promise that because you don't know. You go into the ring, and you have no idea what the outcome is gonna be." Ariana said.

I grabbed her cheek with my hand, and she rested her face in my palm.

"I'm sorry I'm not a psychic." I told her.

"It just scares me that you could get hurt." She said.

"I'm not gonna get hurt. It would be so embarrassing if I got hurt in front of you." I said.

Ariana smiled and kissed my hand. I flipped us over, so that I was on top of her.

"You're cute, but it's still a possibility." She said.

"Please don't think about that. Think about the positives." I said as I laid her down on the couch.

I hovered over her.

"What are the positives?" Ariana asked.

"You get to see me shirtless without asking me to show my ribs to you like a creep." I said.

"I really just wanted to see your ribs!" She said.

"Yeah, alright." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, fine. You caught me. I don't care. I'm not embarrassed." She said confidently.

I leaned down and kissed her. Ariana kissed me back. She placed her hands on the sides of my face. I put one of my hands on her waist. I felt her wrap her legs around my waist.

Ariana moved her hands from my face to the back of my head and ran her fingers through my hair. She gently pulled me in to deepen the kiss. I ran my hand from her waist to her thigh.

Ariana removed one of her hands from my face and tugged my shirt up. Ariana pushed my head away from her.

"Take it off." She said.

I sat up and took my shirt off. I put it on the floor beside us. I leaned back into the kiss. Ariana placed her hand on my stomach and trailed it down to the waistband of my sweatpants. I could feel myself getting harder under her touch, so I pressed myself into her. She slowly started to grind against me.