I Can't Take it Anymore

Suggested by: douma_official1
Ship: AkaDou
AU: Swap
Genre: Angst
Character roles: Hashira
Douma: 20yrs old, Ice Pillar
Akaza: 20yrs old, Destruction Pillar

Douma's POV:

I sat on my bed with one of my Nichirin fans in my hands. I aligned the edge of the fan to my neck, letting it cut my skin a little. But before I fully went through with committing seppuku, I hesitated, and thought back a little on how I even ended up in this situation.....

A few days ago...

Still Douma's POV:

Kaza's taking quite awhile to get back from his mission tonight, I wonder if he's alright. I would have gone to help him, but Muzan-sama said that he should be able handle the demon himself, and I hope he's right. I was pacing back and forth my room. Just then, I saw the break of dawn, and started to panic a little. It was already morning and he hasn't returned to his estate..... What if he's injured, or wors- No! Don't think such negative thoughts Douma, he can handle himself. After all, he is the third strongest Hashira in the Corps. He'll be back, safe and unharmed.

20 minutes later...

The sun was fully up, letting it's warm rays shine through my window. But there was still no sign of Kaza returning. I sighed, only realizing now that I had been up all night waiting for him to come back. I looked out the window that overlooked Kaza's estate, wondering what was taking him so long. Suddenly, i heard a knock on my door and opened it quickly, thinking it was Kaza. "Kaza! You're finally- oh. It's just you Daki..."

"Uh duh! I don't look anything like that basketball." Daki shouted, pissed off. "Anyways, the meeting is starting in 2 minutes, hurry up and get ready."

I apologized for making her angry and thanked her for informing me about the meeting. After she left, I sighed and stared tearing up a little. Kaza, where in the world are you....

Time skip to the meeting...

"Master has arrived."

All of us immediately got on our knees. Master looked especially grim this morning, could it be.... No, please don't tell me- "Ow!"

Kokushibo elbowed me in the ribs, telling me to pay attention. "As I was saying, one of our strongest Pillars has yet to return, and his crow too. So, the only thing we can do is proclaim him dead, as there is no evidence of his survival. We found his uniform and haori soaked in blood and torn to pieces, my tests have proved that the blood was from a human being(In this Swap!Au, Muzan is only half blind). This is an example of what happens when you slack- Hey! Why are you exiting the meeting before it finished, Douma?"

I didn't want to listen to Muzan-sama anymore. He has to be lying!!! I ran as fast as I could to my estate, ignoring the shouts of my co-workers telling me to get back to the meeting. I just kept running till I was in my room and locked the door, flinging myself onto my bed and sobbed loudly. Why, just WHY did god have to be so cruel! Why did they have to take his life........

Few hours later...

"Ouma...ouma.....DOUMA!!!! Open up, please!"

I woke up to the sound of someone banging on my door. I could hear Kokushibo outside yelling at me telling me to let him in. I groaned. How long was I out for? Kokushibo continued to yell so I gave up and unlocked the door. "Finally, I was worried you weren't feeling well or something. Let's go in shall we?"