Lose One, Earn One

Suggested by: YourLocalHornyDouma
AU: Original, Disloyal and Toxic Kotoha
Ship: KokuDou
Genre: Mostly Angst
Character roles: Demons+Humans
Kokushibo: ???yrs old
Douma: ???yrs old
Kotoha: 19yrs old (Let's say that Douma hadn't killed her since she didn't find out, so she and Inosuke stayed for a year)
Inosuke: 19 months old
Images are from Pinterest

No one's POV:

"Ne, Kotoha-chan! You've been going out a lot more lately, is something wrong? I had to have one of the cult members to teach me how to make baby formula since you always come back so late, hence why you never have time to feed Inosuke."

Kotoha flinched when she heard her name being called and slowly turned to face Douma, who was drinking some 'tea' while looking worried for his girlfriend. They had been dating for about 7 months now, but for the past few days, Kotoha had been coming home late, usually caught sneaking through the backdoor, side door, or tonight, the kitchen door that leads outside. Douma got extremely bored waiting for her to come back, so he went to get some 'tea', which is how she got caught this time too. "It's not important, darling. Go to bed, I'll be right there!" She said before faking a smile and brisk walking off somewhere else.

Douma stared after her and sighed, stirring his tea a little and walked to his room. Why is she acting like this? Is she alright? Maybe, I'm not good enough for her? No, I shouldn't think such things. Perhaps she's just a little tired from whatever she is doing, I'll just have to let her have her space, and she'll be back to normal in no time! Hopefully... Douma thought as he walked to his and Kotoha's bedroom. Inosuke had woken up but didn't cry, surprisingly, instead he sat up in his crib and threw some of his stuffed toys down, laughing. Douma spotted some of them on the floor and went to pick them up. "Inosuke, don't throw your toys down, alright? Papa will cradle you back to sleep again after I clean up this mess."

As soon as Inosuke heard that, he laughed somemore and bounced up and down on his bed, reaching out to Douma to signal that he wanted to be carried. Seeing this, a small smile bloomed on Douma's face, as he put the last of the stuffed toys into Inosuke's crib and picked him up. He cradled Inosuke lovingly and sang a lullaby that he remembers someone sing to him when he was a child. Inosuke started to feel drowsy and his eyelids felt heavier. Soon enough, Inosuke fell asleep in Douma's arms, his tiny hands gently clinging onto Douma's kimono. Douma let out a soft chuckle and planted a kiss on Inosuke's head before tenderly placing him back into his crib. He then went to his own bed and sat on it, patiently waiting for Kotoha to come in. This was the cycle that repeated for those past few days. Catch Kotoha coming back late, putting Inosuke back to sleep, then waiting for another half an hour or so for Kotoha to get back. Whenever he asked her about this she always came up with some type of excuse that Douma pretended to accept since he didn't want to press his girlfriend with too many questions that might irritate her. As a demon, he didn't really need sleep, but it didn't hurt storing up a little bit of extra energy, so why not? Plus, it was a time he could cuddle with Kotoha, even if she constantly pushes him away whenever he tries to nowadays. There had been no Upper Moon Gatherings held for quite a while now, which is why he was able to stay at his cult to take care of Inosuke.

Just then, Kotoha entered the room and close the door behind her as she sauntered to the bed. Once Kotoha had climbed in, Douma laid beside her and pulled the covers over the both of them. He then waited till she had dozed off before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. He big spooned her and started thinking about the Upper Moon Gathering that was to be held tomorrow, after a month of not having those, and wondered how he would be able to take care of Inosuke. Eh, that's not something I should be thinking about now. I'll just figure something out tomorrow. He thought, shutting his eyes.