Performance Partners

Suggested by: Yet another friend
Ship: AkaDou
AU: Genderbend Modern
Genre: Fluff
Character roles: Dancers
Akaza: 20yrs old
Douma: 20yrs old
Images are from Pinterest
(I'm keeping their names cus no one said names had to have genders✨)

Douma's POV:

"Your legs need to be higher. Your posture is too stiff. And you're shaking too much. Gosh, if any of you get chosen for the performance the week after next, I am going to flip. Good luck to whoever has to dance with you for it." I said, appalled.

I had been helping rookie male dancers practice so that they could get up to the standard our boss wanted at least one of them to be for the performance, yet none of them seem to be improving at all. The performance was going to be in 2 weeks, but all five of them were still struggling just to balance properly. And they had been practicing for almost a month now. Muzan-sama wanted there to be no mistakes this time since the performance wasn't going to be like one of those little shows they put on in theaters. It was going to be a huge one, millions of people were going to watch it, whether it was live or going to the performance in person. She wanted the two best dancers among us, one male and one female, to go out on stage and dance together like a couple, yet none of the male dancers seem to be doing well. The best ones had left, either because they retired, were on vacation as a treat for working so hard, or, in Daki's case, had gotten injured during practice by one of these stupid rookies. Muzan-sama was freaking out since the ones on vacation were sent just 2 days before the invitation for the performance was received, and the vacation was promised to be a 5 month vacation, so none of the male dancers wanted to come back that early. The one that had retired, who was Nakime, had already found a band that he wanted to play in, so he refused to take part, even tho he was offered money to do so. Muzan-sama was watching us as one by one, the rookies lost balance and fell into a heap together. "Aarrgghh, this isn't going to work out!" She said, getting even more frustrated. "We need someone to fill in the male position, and fast. There's only 2 weeks left before the performance, and we should have already finished choreography and started practicing the duet around this period of time! Plus the fact that we have some random dipshit that wanted to audition for the job. And it's a female! Just great. Where are all the male dancers when you need them?!"

Another female huh. Wonder how good she is. Just then, the door opened to reveal an average height woman with long pink hair, honey golden eyes, pale skin and a few dark blue stripes around her wrists and neck. She was wearing a black shirt under an unbuttoned blue jacket, complete with a pair of light grey pants.

(For people that can't imagine, it's somewhat similar to this)

"Hello? My name is Akaza, and I'm here to audition. You were the one that put up that ad saying you needed dancers to perform for a show, didn't you?" She said, looking straight at Muzan-sama. "I have a few years of experience, so maybe I can join?"

Muzan-sama looked like she was about to explode. "Haven't you heard of knocking? Anyways, I'm looking for male dancers, not female ones."

"Plus, sweetie. The female spot will be taken soon. So maybe a rookie like you should back off." Enmu, who was a complete simp for Muzan-sama, joined in.