Unexpected Comfort

Suggested by: Another friend!
Ship: KokuDou
AU: Douma has siblings
Genre: Fluff and a lil, just a tiny bit angst
Character roles: Demons
Kokushibo: ???yrs old
Douma: ???yrs old
(Mentioning of death is present)
Images are from Pinterest

Kokushibo's POV:

An unfamiliar sound of someone sobbing could be heard as I was training on one of the platforms in the Infinity Castle. Strange. Although the sound of someone sobbing itself wasn't rare, the fact that it sounded quite deep, was. The only Kizukis that I know who cry often are Daki and Aizetsu. But there's no way it's Daki since her crying is high pitched and she would usually scream for her brother as she cries. Aizetsu's sobs are so quiet that even if you're only a few meters away from him, you could still barely hear him cry. Plus, the both of them are on missions right now. So who could it be? I started to try to trace the sounds to the source. If I asked Nakime, Muzan-sama might hear about this, so it was better to just find it myself, even if it means having to navigate my way around the entire Infinity Castle, which might be a little difficult since the rooms and platforms are constantly moving.

As I got closer to Douma's room, the sound of crying got louder. Could it be Douma? What?! Him?! Crying?! There's no way! Muzan-sama had told me that he was emotionless, how could it be him? Maybe there's someone else in his room, but who? I rapped smartly on the door a couple of times. "Douma? Are you in there?"

I could hear the sobs immediately stopped when I asked. After a moment, Douma replied. "Yes, Kokushibo-dono! Give me a few minutes, I'll be out soon."

I leaned in the wall beside the door as I waited for Douma to do...whatever he needed to do. And sure enough, after about 4 minutes, the door was swung open to reveal Douma, who was wearing his fake smile again. "Hi, Kokushibo-dono, what brings you here? Is it going to take long? Because if so, please, come in!" He said, stepping aside so I could enter.

I went in and got straight to the point. "Douma, who was the one crying just now? I could hear sobs from where I was training, and they seem to be coming from your room."

His eyes widened a little upon hearing that. "O-oh, uh. Are you sure it wasn't coming from Daki's room?" His voice sounded forced, as if he was scared to talk.

I told him that there was no way it was Daki, since she was on a mission and the voice was most likely a male's. "Ah! Then it must have been the man that I was eating a few moments ago! Yeah, that must have been what you heard. He sure was a dramatic one! Hehe..." He replied, fidgeting with the sleeves of his turtle neck.

Alright, something was definitely up. I looked at him dead in the eyes, making him quiver a little as he gulped in fear. "It was you, wasn't it?"

"Haha! No, what are you talking about! It can't be me! I don't have emotions, and plus, you don't have any evidence that it was me! So you can't just assume like that!" He exclaimed, crossing his arms and pretending to be angry.

I continued to stare at him as I spoke calmly. "Yes, I do. One, you only eat women. Two, you've been showing signs of fear and anxiety, both of which are emotions. And three," I grabbed him, dragged him into the bathroom and proceeded to drench him with water from one of the pails that hadn't been emptied, causing him to yelp in surprise. "It's very obvious you were wearing makeup."

Douma was completely wet from head to toe, his hair, which wasn't tied up, was all over his face and sticking to his back. He stood there, rooted to the ground as I flung the pail onto the floor and moved away the hair that was on his face, revealing his puffy eyes and red nose. He looked back at me dumbfounded. He opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but nothing came out."So, mind explaining why you were crying? Or how you are even feeling emotion?"