Downfalls, Surprises and...Love?

Inspired by: HoomanGuwl (Story title is "Ever heard of stranger danger?"), and Aizetsusimp (Story title is "🏫School time for Hantengu clones🏫"), go check their out, they're really great stories!
Ship: AkaDou (Barely any here)
AU: Modern + ???
Genre: Fluff
Character roles:
Douma: 23yrs old
Akaza: 23yrs old
Gyutaro: 15yrs old
Daki: 13yrs old (Turning 14)
Images are from Pinterest

Douma's POV:

"Are you ready for your first day of going to a new school sweetheart?" I asked my daughter as I helped her with her tie.

She nodded enthusiastically, looking hyped up for the day. Her brother Gyutaro was waiting at the door, resting his baseball bat on his shoulder as he leaned on the door frame and scrolled through his phone. After I had finished getting my daughter ready for school, I looked at her, and immediately got emotional. "My baby girl has grown so much....I can't believe you are already starting high school." I spoke in a soft voice, smiling proudly as I teared up. "It felt like it was just yesterday whe-"

"Dad, the bus is here. Me and Ume have to go." Gyutaro called out to us as the sound of the bus horn honking loudly was heard outside.

"Onii-chan, I told you I want to be called Daki!!!" Daki hollered as she grabbed her bag and ran after her brother, who was already outside.

I tried to go after them as I called out to them both,"Wait kids, you forgot your-" Before I could finish my sentence, Daki and Gyutaro were already on the bus as it drove off. "Breakfast...." I sighed as the bus turned around a corner and went out of view.

I suppose it's a good thing that they prioritize getting to school on time. I thought to myself, making my way to the kitchen to put away the uneaten breakfast, keeping them in the refrigerator for later when my children got home(I know this sounds weird, but trust me, it's completely normal to some people, I do this too). Then, before I went off for work, I went outside and checked the mailbox, finding an envelope with my company's seal on it, which confused me a little, since I wasn't supposed to get my pay check till after 2 weeks. I decided to go back into my house to read it first, in case it was important. I sat on one of the chairs at the dining table and peeled open the envelope and took the letter out, reading it slowly. My eyes widened when as I read, and I couldn't believe my eyes for a second. "Sorry, you were just not working enough and always slacking too much, you're fired. You always handed up your projects late, and we will not tolerate this at our company, therefore, we have decided to kick you out. We wish you well in finding a new job. Yours Sincerely, Muzan Kibutsuji." I read the letter to myself, my hands trembling as I dropped the letter, devastated.

I suddenly let out a pained laugh, tears streaming down my face as I continued to laugh and cry at the same time, eventually turning the laugh into loud scream as I buried my face in my hands, muffling the sobs. Where did I go wrong? It was hard enough submitting all those documents while taking care of kids and working another job after to be able to make ends meet, what did they expect? They were the ones who underpaid me, so why do they expect me to be able to manage all that work while managing my schedule to work another part-time job, so why do they expect so much from me?! How am I supposed to deal with the stupid financial issues now?! I continued to cry loudly, banging my head onto the table and crying all over it, not caring if it hurt.

A few hours later...

I woke up with a start when I heard a loud noise outside. Did I fall asleep on the table? How long have I been out for? I rubbed my eyes and turned to the clock, freaking out when I saw the time. 1:26pm already?! Crap the kids are going to be home soon and I need to get to the flower shop!! I panicked as I got off the chair, running to the kitchen, grabbing what was supposed to be the kids' breakfast and popping it into the microwave to warm it up. I then went upstairs and changed out of my office suit and into some casual clothing with an apron on, throwing the unused suit into the laundry basket before getting the warmed plates of food and setting them on the table, going outside just as the school bus arrived. I was in a rush, so I yelled to my kids,"I set your lunch on the table, sorry I had to use the breakfast you didn't eat this morning. Dad's got to go, I'll see you both later!"