Brighter Than Stars (Part 4)

Wanted by: Douma0dono
Ship: ¿AkaDou?
Genre: Fluff (kinda)
Character roles: Adults
Kokushibo: 23yrs old
Douma: 23yrs old
Akaza: 23yrs old
Images are from Pinterest

Douma's POV:

"We're here!"

Finally. Koyuki had been nagging the entire ride- Anyway, she stopped her nagging as all of us looked out the window on her side. The carnival was...oh shit.. Isn't that...the same carnival me and Kokushibo went to before we made the promise?! Nonononono! Why here? Out of all the carnivals that they could have chosen, why did it have to be this one?! I looked over at Kokushibo, only to see that he had the same reaction as me. Shocked, regret for agreeing to come. And also a hint of guilt. I did some deep breathing. It's all in the past, no point fretting over it now. "Douma? Are you alright?" Koyuki asked, concerned.

I put on my usual smile and told her I was alright, and was just thinking about how much fun we'll have there. She seemed to have bought it and smiled back, then started to discuss with Oroki where all of us should go first. "Alright, enough chit-chat ladies, we should get out of the car already." Hakuji interrupted, unlocking all the doors.

As soon as we got out of the car, Koyuki grabbed Hakuji's hand and urged him to quickly finish locking the car so they can go into the carnival. Well, wonder what I should to right now- Out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of a cotton candy stand. In an instant, all my worries and problems vanished, and I pointed to it and turned to Akaza. "Akaza, Akaza! There's a cotton candy stand! Let's go, LET'S GO!!!" I exclaimed to him, tugging on his arm and practically shaking with excitement.

He looked over to where I was pointing and groaned, telling me about the enormous sweet tooth I had and how I would probably buy the whole stand if I could. "Oh! You want to go there first, Douma-san? Alright!" Koyuki said, smiling, and the others agreed.

I saw Kokushibo staring at me but I payed no attention and ran ahead of everyone else. "Hey! Douma, wait up!!!" The others shouted behind me.

After Douma got a few sticks of cotton candy...

Ahh, the sweet goodness. I thought as I stood in front of the cotton candy stand, nibbling on a stick of cotton candy. Shime was curled around the back of my neck, with her front and rear legs dangling from my shoulders, purring and nuzzling my neck as I consumed my treat. I wasn't exactly sure how she even learnt how to do that, but it made her look cool so that's all that matters, even if it attracted quite a large amount of unnecessary attention. "Guys, come on! Follow me I want to show you all something special they have this year." Hakuji said, motioning us to come along as he and Koyuki started to walk away from the cotton candy stand. Kokushibo and Oroki followed closely behind. Akaza and I walked a few meters behind them. "Wonder what it is. Got a clue?"

I looked straight at him and shook my head. "Nope! But I sure hope it's edible!"

Akaza cocked an eyebrow and side eyed me, as if I had said something stupid. "Seriously? God, you're such a foodie, especially for sweets."

I tried to think of a comeback but couldn't, so all I could do was puff out my cheeks and finish up my cotton candy. Suddenly, I got an idea. I smacked the back of his head before running ahead of him. "HEY!" Akaza shouted, chasing after me.

"Alright you both, enough childish behavior. We are already in front of the surprise, so stop running already." Hakuji said in a sharp tone, which scared me and Akaza so we stopped. "Finally. Anyways, what do you both think? It's a two person 'boat' ride! This is perfect considering the fact that we have two couples. You two will have to wait outside, or grab a ride together if you want to, since this isn't limited to couples only. Either way, you'll have to deal with each other till we're done, so might as well grab a ride. Goodluck~"