Moonlight Kisses

Suggested by: YourLocalHornyDouma
Ship:Akadou
AU: Swap
Genre: Fluff
Character roles: Hashira
Douma: 20yrs old, Ice pillar
Akaza: 20yrs old, Destruction pillar
Images are from Pinterest

Douma's POV:

I was in the kitchen cleaning up the dirty dishes after having lunch with Gyokko, Hantengu and my kids when the sound of someone knocking on my door caught my attention. "I'm coming! Give me a minute!" I shouted to the person, hoping they heard me.

I quickly finished washing the rest of the dishes, put them on the drying rack and brisk walked to the door. I opened it to find Akaza standing there, his face unnaturally red. "Oh my, Akaza! Are you feeling alright? Your face is really red! Are you sick? Do you need me to escort you to the infirmary?" I asked, reaching out and touching his forehead to check for a fever.

To my surprise, his face turned even redder when my hand made contact with his skin, worrying me even more. I was about to try questioning him to try and find out what was wrong, but before I had the chance, he suddenly spoke up, "No, it's not that, idiot. I wanted to ask if.......if........"

"If?" I prompted him since he stopped there.

"IF YOU COULD GO OUT ON A DATE WITH ME TONIGHT GOD DAMNIT!!!" He shouted suddenly, then turned and ran.

I didn't even bother to go after him. At least, I couldn't. Because what he said left me speechless, I took a moment to process what just happened, before my face heated up and I found myself covering my face. HOLY CRAP AKAZA JUST ASKED ME OUT ON A DATE! AKAZA, THE ONE PILLAR THAT DID EVERYTHING HE COULD TO SHOW ME THAT HE ABSOLUTELY LOATHED ME. THE ONE PILLAR THAT I COULD NEVER BEFRIEND! THIS IS TO GOOD TO BE REAL!!! I thought to myself, too flustered to even move at this point. "Dad? Are you alright?"

I looked down to find my daughter Daki staring at me, close to tears. Panicking, I assured her that I was fine, made a dumb excuse of needing to use the bathroom and ran into my estate, closing the door behind me. I waited till Daki had left to find her brother before collapsing on the floor, still thinking about what Akaza said. Should I accept? If I don't, I might hurt Akaza's feelings. Plus, it's not like I don't feel the same way......Just thinking about him made my face heat up some more. Just then, a note slipped through the bottom of the door. I picked it up and read it.

The note read:

Hey Douma,

I know we aren't very close, and I'm usually rude to you. But the truth is, I love you. Ever since I first laid my eyes on you when Muzan-sama introduced you as a new Hashira, I've always felt my heart beat faster whenever you're around. So please, accept my invitation, and give it a shot? I promise you won't regret this. If you actually consider going on a date with me, meet me at the bridge that goes over the lake beside Mount Natagumo

Yours Sincerely,
Akaza

The note did make it sound more genuine, but...... Akaza is literally the last person I'd expect to fall in love with me, given the fact that we don't get along very well. Arghhhhhhhh! What do I do! You know what, I'll just decide in my room...

At night...

Akaza's POV:

I've been sitting here and waiting for 20 minutes now, which means either Douma is late, or he doesn't feel the same way towards me. I guess I can't blame him. After all, I have shown dislike to him since he became a Hashira, it's not hard to think that I'm lying to him. I sighed loudly. "Mr Akaza? What are you doing here? You said you were on break!" I looked up to find Rui looking at me, surprised that I would be out this late despite not having missions.

"I am, Rui. I'm just waiting for my date to arrive, if he will arrive. Oh, and don't worry about me, I have my blade with m." I told him.

To be honest, I think Rui is way too young to be a demon slayer, yet he is really capable, having achieved the rank Kinoe in just a few months, which is really impressive for an 11yr old. I had totally forgotten that Rui and a band of demon slayers he calls family live and patrol in Mount Natagumo. Ah whatever, at least that means I'll be close by if anything serious happens. "Akaza-dono, I'm here~!"

I turned to look behind me and immediately looked away again, blushing like mad. God, why does he have to be so cute! I looked over my shoulder to sneak another peek. Douma was wearing his demon slayer uniform, but covered most of it with a midnight blue, lotus patterned kimono. I could tell that he had his fans hidden somewhere in his kimono. He was wearing a azul blue lotus hairpin in his hair, all in all, he was the definition of perfect. "Earth to Akaza! Can you hear me?"

I snapped back to reality to find Douma right in front of me, his face just an inch away from mine. I turned as red as a tomato and scooted further quickly, causing Douma to start giggling at how flustered I was. "Uhhhhh, I'm just gonna go back to patrol now, see you both tomorrow." Fuck I forgot Rui was still there-

Anyways, he left quickly after witnessing my failed attempt of staying calm and playing it cool. "Anyways," Douma said, taking a seat beside me on the parapet. "Woah....the moon looks amazing from here. Is that why you like this spot? I've seen you hanging around here sometimes when Muzan-sama orders me to bring you to him."

"Y-you have?" I blurted out, stunned that anyone other than Rui and his family have seen me here before, it was pretty embarrassing that out of all the other people it could have been it had to be Douma who saw me.

He nodded, still giggling his ass off. Then turned back and admired the moon. I was still trying to make the first move. Would pulling him close and admiring the moon together be a good first step? Or should I lay on him? No, I will win dominance, so I have to make him blush, not myself. "Kaza? Done staring?" I heard Douma say.

Then I realized I have been staring at him as I was thinking, which probably made me look like a total simp... You know what, fuck it! I cupped his face and quickly kissed him, hoping I had made the right choice. After a few seconds, Douma kissed back. We held it there for a few minutes before pulling back, both of us trying to process what we had done. Then, Douma turned into a blushing mess and buried his face in his hands while my face heated up and I looked away. "I- did we really-"Douma stuttered.

I nodded in response. Both of us avoided eye contact for a few minutes before Douma held my hand and asked,"Can we... Do it again?..."

I looked at him for a while before gently kissing him again. This time tho, he kissed back immediately. I was really glad this went well. After pulling away, Douma lay on my lap as I started playing with his hair. "You know, we should do this again sometime." Douma said, admiring the moon.

I hummed softly. "Where next then? Entertainment District perhaps? It sounds like a good place, plus your kids can show us around.

He shook his head. "Nah, I'd rather come here again, where we can watch the moon! I love it here!"

"It better not be more than how much you love me!" I said, pretending to be mad.

He laughed as he sat up and wrapped his arms around me. "Of course not! I'll love you with all my heart!"

"But I'll always love you more!" I countered.

"Nuh uh!"

We both burst into fits of laughter, nearly falling into the river. "Alright, we should head back soon, after all, tomorrow is going to be a busy day!" I told him, about to get up.

He pulled me back and latched onto me. "Just a little longer, please~"

"Alright, alright, just a few more minutes." I said, giving in and letting him hug me tighter.