Winter Contingency

(Favorite Halo campaign and Why? Mine's tied for Reach and 3. Reach was just different from everything else and it just has an amazing story line. Three's got an awesome sound track and many good missions, especially the Warthog run, I'll play the whole of Halo 3 again to just play that mission. And I've played those multiple times on legendary with friends. Might play Reach again soon.)

Two UH-144 Falcons fly over a mountainous landscape. Carter looks out his Falcon to the other. "Listen up, Noble Team. We're looking at a downed relay outpost fifty clicks from Visegrad. We're gonna introduce ourselves to whoever took it out, and then Kat's gonna get it back online."

"Get me under the hood, Commander." Kat says over coms.

"Sir, why would rebels want to cut off Reach from the rest of the colonies?"Jorge asks over coms.

"You get a chance, maybe you can ask 'em, Jorge." Carter says.

Ash looks out to the landscape below. 'It's beautiful, but I still hate flying.' He says in thought. "Reach never ceases to amaze me." He says out loud. 

"Won't have much time to admire the landscape when we touch down, Six." Carter says.

Kat then comes over the coms. "Commander, we just lost our signal with HQ."

"Backup channels?" Carter asks.

"Searching..." Kat taps on a device. "Nada. Can't say what's jamming us."

The two falcons are now approaching the outpost.

"You hear her, dead zone confirmed." Carter says. "Command will not be keeping us company this trip."

"I'm lonely already." Emile says over coms.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Ash says.

"Well, let's hope it's nothing serious then."

The two Falcons bank left and hover over the outpost.

"Shoot down attempts are likely, so keep your distance." Carter says to the pilots over the coms.

"Yes, sir." The pilot agrees.

"Let's stay focuses. watch your sectors." 

The two Falcons head in opposite directions as the Comm Relay Hub comes into view.

Ash takes his DMR off his beck and gives it a once over check.

"There's the communications outpost." Jorge says as Ash looks up and sees a satellite dish flash and an objective marker placed onto it.

"Reading a distress beacon." Kat informs.

Ash looks down to a few buildings and sees a fire and the Distress Beacon Marker.