The Silent Cartographer

*Sorry for the wait*

Two Pelican dropships, Echo 419, in front, and Bravo 022, in back, approach an island, low over the water. The Master Chief and Noble Six are inside Echo 419, along with Rose Team.

"Rose Two, seek medical attention immediately." Auntie Dot says.

Rose groans as he holds pressure onto his right side. "God, this hurts."

"Oh, stop whining." Ruby says. "I've been stabbed before too and I didn't whine this much."

"Might I remind you that you were stabbed with an Energy Dagger in the thigh. I've been stabbed with an energy sword in the right arm, both my thighs in the same battle and now my side. So I think I can whine as much as I want."

"...Good point."

Ash gets up and grabs his DMR as he stands at the back of the Pelican with Master Chief.

The Silent Cartographer

"We shouldn't have come with, in your condition." Ruby says to Rose.

"I've survived in battle with worse wounds." Rose mutters.

Xi speaks to the two Spartans. "The Covenant believe that what they call the 'Silent Cartographer' is somewhere under this island."

The Cortana takes over. "The Cartographer is a map room that will lead us to Halo's control center. The island has multiple structures and installations. One of them contains the map room."

The Pelican dropships descend on the beach's corner. Covenant troops begin firing at them.

"Rose 1, it's recommended to head back to base with Rose 2." Auntie Dot suggests.

Rose goes to stand up, but Ruby stops him.

"No, we're heading back to camp to get you patched up." Ruby says as she pushes Asher back into the seat.

Asher groans. "Fine."

Flught Captain Carol Rawley speaks over coms. "We're approaching the LZ, it's gonna be hot! Get set to come out swining'!" The Pelican lands. "Touchdown! Hit it, Marines!"

"Go, go, go!" Gunnery Sergeant Waller yells and all the Marines yell as they run out of the Pelican, firing at the Covenant troops.

Chief and Six follow up behind the Marines and fire onto the Covenant troops as they move up the beach.

The Pelican's take off and head back to base.

"Good luck, Lieutenant." Ruby says over coms.

Asher kicks a Elite in the stomach, sending it to the ground and he stomps on its neck. "Thank you, Rose 1. Make sure Rose 2 gets fixed up." He ducks under some plasma rounds and returns fire.

"Yes, sir."

The Chief and Six, along with the Marines, slowly move up the beach, and eventually the beach is cleared of Covenant hostiles.

"Location secured and no casualties." Xi informs. "Nice going, Six." She cheers.

"Thanks Xi." Ash reloads his weapon and regroups with Chief and the rest of the Marines.

Rawley speaks over coms. "Echo 419 inbound. Somebody order a Warthog?"

"Hey, I didn't know you made house calls, Foehammer!" A Marine says