The Packages

(One more chapter. I'm putting The Pillar of Autumn and Lone Wolf in one chapter.)

Sword Base, Babd Catha Ice Shelf, Eposz

August 29, 2552 26:16 Hours

The landscape around Sword Base is now burnt and destroyed. A Falcon flies overhead as Ash walks out from a small hill then he walks down the rocky terrain. 

Colonel Holland speaks over coms

Colonel Holland speaks over coms. "Noble One, this is Noble Actual. Noble One?"

Carter then speaks over coms. "...Go ahead."

"We need that base taken out, son. What's your status?"

"Still outside. Thermal on the interior shows standing-room-only. We're gonna have to thin 'em out or we'll be way too popular."

"Copy that, Noble One. Holland out."

Ash jumps over a sand dune and lands beside three ODSTs.

Carter speaks to Ash over coms. "We've got a job to do, so let's stay focused and get it done. Six, are you in position?"

"Affirmative." Ash responds and he holds a fist up.

"Good. Execute."

Ash signals the ODSTs and they move out.

Torch and Burn

Carter talks to Ash over coms. "Covenant own this sector now. They are defending for a full major strike, not a small-group infiltration. Eliminate all hostile ground air-defense so the rest of Noble can land at Sword Base for the torch-and-burn. Keep a low profile - we'll take them by surprise, this will be a hell lot easier."

"Spartan, we'll follow you." An ODST responds. 

The team moves down to the flooded Farragut Station in front of a Covenant outpost, comprising of a deployable lookout tower, Shades, a few Ghosts, and a group of Infantry. While approaching the outpost, the team comes across the wreckage of a Falcon. 

"Falcon down." An ODST calls out. "Watch for bodies."

Ash walks past the Falcon and sees a couple dead bodies within and he quickly looks away. 'We'll win, we'll win. We'll drive them off Reach and win. Cal need you to protect the planet.' He grabs a Rocket Launcher off the ground near the Falcon.

Ash and the ODST continue to sneak towards the outpost and they arrive outside it. Ash hands the Rocket Launcher to one of the ODST.

"Target the Ghosts first." Ash orders.

"Yes, sir." An ODST grabs the Rocket Launcher and nods.

Ash puts his DMR on his back and takes out the knife on his chest. Ash slowly moves forward and gets behind an Elite Major.