Regret

Master Chief and Noble Six start to walk past a hologram of Prophet of Regret chanting a semon.

"Wait, go back." Cortana says.

Ash and Chief go back to the holo-projector and Chief outs Cortana in it, her avatar appears.

"That's what I thought he said. The Prophet of Regret is planning to activate Halo!" Cortana informs.

"Are you sure?" Chief asks.

Cortana snaps her fingers, and the hologram starts speaking in English.

"I shall light this holy ring, release its cleansing flame, and burn a path into the divine beyond!" The Prophet of Regret says.

Cortana snaps her fingers again, and the hologram freezes. She smugly speaks. "Pretty much."

"Oh that's not good." Xi mutters.

"Agreed." Ash says.

Chief then speaks into coms. "Commander, we've got a problem."

"So I hear." Commander Keyes comments.

On the bridge of In Amber Clad, Commander Keyes is studying a hologram of the Index. She then changes the hologram to the Library. "I've located a Library similar to the one you found on the first Halo. If the rings work the same way, the Index should be inside."

On Video com is Johnson, Caleb and Caylnn.

"I'll bet the Covenant are thinkin' the exact same thing." Johnson says.

"Then, we'd better beat them to it, Sergeant. Extract your men, and meet me at the Library."

"Yes, ma'am."

"I fucking hate libraries!" Caylnn complains.

"I need to get my reading blanket." Caleb states. "And a glass of orange juice."

Back with the two Spartans.

"I'll secure the Index, Spartans." Commander Keyes says over coms as Chief puts Cortana back in his armor. "You two take out the Prophet. He's given us all the intel we need."

Ash takes out his energy sword. "Gladly, ezt vártam" [I've been waiting for this.]

Testament

A swarm of Drones descends upon the Spartans, shortly followed by a pair of Elites. After defeating them, they and two Marines proceed outside, where the ruins are infested with Covenant forces.

"You know, I think the Forerunners built these new structures around the old, to protect them, to honor them." Cortana states. "Pure speculation, mind you. I and Xi need to make a thorough survey to be sure."

The Spartans and their team engage the Covenant forces, which include a significant number of Kig-yar Snipers.

"Nice work Ash!" Xi compliments.

"Thank you." Ash replies as he rips his energy sword out of an Elite.

The group proceeds on and their team comes to a large platform, just in time so see an anti-gravity gondola being activated and speeds away.

"I wish I had more time to decipher these inscriptions." Cortana complains. "The Forerunners revere this place, that much is clear. But was it a temple, or a university... I can't say."