The Truth and Reconcilliation

(What do you guys think Ash's theme song would be for Halo CE. One idea I have is "Agent Tex." from RVB season 8. Or "Claim Your Weapons" by HDSounDI. A friend suggested Fleurie // Soldier.)

The Truth and Reconciliation

In the night sky hovers a Ket-pattern battlecruiser.

"The enemy has captured Captain Keyes, and are holding him aboard one of their cruisers, the Truth and Reconciliation." Cortana informs. "The ship is currently holding position approximately three hundred meters above the other end of this plateau."

Pelican Echo 419 flies into a unoccupied area.

"So how do we get inside the ship if it's in the air?" Asher asks. "The Corps issued me a shotgun, not wings."

"There's a gravity lift that ferries troops and supplies between the ship and surface." Staff Sergeant Parker informs. "That's our ticket in."

The Pelican lands down.

"Once we get inside the ship, Cortana and I should be able to lock on the tracking signal from Captain Keyes' neural implants." Xi says.

"Hit it, Marines, go go go!" Sergeant Parker orders. "The Corps ain't payin' us by the hour!"

Fire Team Charlie, Rose Team and the Two Spartans get off the Pelican and head forward.

Cortana speaks to the two Spartans. "Stick to the higher ground on the right. We should be able to recon the Covenant position without being spotted. I'm detecting Covenant Stationary Guns near the next pass. I recommend using your Sniper Rifle, Chief, to take out the gunners while I call for Marine support."

The two Spartans move to the right and take the high ground. Ash motions for Rose Team to follow. Ash looks down the ledge to see sleeping Grunt and a few Jackals and Elite patrolling the area.

Cortana then speaks to Staff Sergeant Parker through coms. "Get ready to move in to support us, Sergeant. The Master Chief and Noble Six are going to covertly take out as many of the Covenant as he can. Don't open fire until you hear the enemy return fire on us. That should let us keep the element of surprise."

The two Spartans and ODSTs move around the area and take out a few sleeping Grunts. Ash takes out his Kukri and sneaks up on an Elite. Ash gets clothes and he tackles it to the ground and stabs the knife into its head.

He then hears a yell and looks up to see a Jackal a few feet from him. "Shit." Ash mutters and the Jackals yells out in alarm, waking everyone up.

"You were right, stealth isn't your thing." Xi says.

"Let 'em have it!" Parker yells and the Marines open fire onto the Covenant.

Ruby stays up high and provides covering fire with her sniper, and Rose runs down. "For our Ancestors, Ancestors!" He yells.

Ash pulls out his energy sword and the Chief kicks a Grunt that was gunning towards Ash. "You know how to use that, Spartan?" Chief asks as he guns down a couple Jackals with his sniper.

"What's there to understand about swish, swish, stab, stab?" Ash asks and he kicks a Grunt into the air and stabs it, then kicks the dead body away. "It's a sword not a freaking Sabre jet."

Ash ducks under an Elite's energy sword and Master Chief jumps over Ash and kicks it to the ground, then Ash stabs it in the gut.

"We make a pretty good team." Ash says.