New Alexandria

(Saddest Death of Noble Team?)

Ash, alone, is sitting inside the troop bay of a Pelican.

New Alexandria, Eposz

August 23, 2552, 18:57 Hours

Ash looks out the open read door of the Pelican. Rain pours down while burning skyscrapers and building lights fill the night sky. 'My home.' Ash thinks in sadness.

After staring out for a long time, Ash stands up and holsters a M392 Designated Marksman Rifle. The Pelican slows down above a rooftop with two Falcons parked on top. Ash steps out and meets Carter while the Pelican flies away.

"Your report will have to wait, Lieutenant." Carter says as the two Spartans walk to the Falcons, with one already taking off. "The Covenant are jamming all comms to Command. Kat needs your help running a counter-op."

Carter stops as Ash keeps walking to the Falcon. "It's good to have you back."

Ash turns around as he stops. "Sorry I came alone."

"Make him proud." Carter turns and slowly walks away as Ash walks to the Falcon and stops in front of it.

Fly By Night...

Ash looks out to the burning city as Kat speaks over coms. "Get your wings back on, Lieutenant. You're flying this Falcon."

'I hate flying.' Ash says as he turns to the Falcon. 'But right now, I hardly care about my own fear.'

Ash gets in the Falcon and lifts off. A burning skyscraper nearby collapses.

Kat speaks over coms. "The Covenant have deployed comm jammers is high rises across the city. When I find them, you hit them - hard."

Ash starts to gain altitude. 

7 Delta 19 suddenly speaks over coms. "Mayday! Mayday! 7 Delta 19 to all UNSC forces!"

Kat responds to them over coms. "What's your status, 19?"

Ash engages a Banshee that's flying towards him. The Troopers on board his Falcon fire onto the Banshee as well.

"We found the jammer, but we're getting hit! Request immediate assistance! Sinoviet Center is-arggh!"

Ash destroys the Banshee and then targets another and blows it up.

"You still with me, 19? 7-Delta 19, do you copy?" Kat gets no response. "Six, I'm uploading coordinates now - get to Sinoviet Center. Help those troopers if you can, but get that jammer offline either way. Oh, and don't fall in love with my voice. The closer you are to the jammer, the worse our reception is going to get. Kat out."