The Ocean

"𝙿𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝, 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔, 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑" - 𝙵𝚢𝚘𝚍𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚟𝚜𝚔𝚢

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was roughly 7pm when i woke up to a knock on my door. It was light. respectful. It lacked any form of urgency, and thats the only reason i found it excusable enough for me to get out of bed and answer it.

"Evening, Ivan," I greeted with a groggy voice.

His eyes darted to my exposed legs and I could see a childish blush form on his face. "Pardon the intrusion, Miss Ana. Master has requested that i bring you this for dinner," he said, handing me a pile of clothes. It was a simple white dress with a black border, and a bow on top. It was sleeveless, my mortal enemy, but i was in no position to complain.

"Thank you for bringing it to me," I said politely before closing the door. I pressed my back against the wood, sighing out heavily as i looked at the article of clothing in my hand. Maybe i could wear the dress shirt over top? It might look a bit funny, but atleast my scars would be hidden.

And thats precisely what i did. It did, infact, look quite eccentric, to say the least. The colors matched but the style was all wrong, and i looked like a toddler who was left to dress myself before my first day of school. Hell, even when i WAS a toddler, I dressed better than this. Daniella would kill me for even thinking of leaving my room like this.

I took one more deep breath before I made my way through the hall, and down into the kitchen. Much to my dismay, nobody was there. It was spotless, and not a single chair was out of place.

"Fyodor? Ivan?" I called for both of them, hoping at least one was within ear shot.

"Oh my apologies. Right this way," Ivan was the one to respond, holding out his arm. I hooked my hand around it as if he were escorting me to some sort of ball. It was oddly charming, and if i didnt know any better i would be wondering if i somehow ended up in a disney movie.

He led me through an archway on the far left side of the kitchen, where i was met with a beautiful dining room. It was a decent sized black-wood table, with six matching chairs surrounding it. There was a black rug underneath it, and it was a marvelous contrast against the light wood flooring. There were sliding glass doors to the right that led to the backyard, and various dishes and cutlery were set out in preparation.

Ivan pulled out a chair for me, and I took a seat. I had to admit, although he was the strangest servant ive ever seen, he excelled at servicing guests with respect and promptness.

"Master will be with us shortly," he said, gathering silver platters with large silver domes over top. I imagine that was supposed to be our dinner.

"Did you make all this?" I asked, eyeing the multitude of dishes.

"I did. It isnt often that Master requests a home cooked meal, so I wanted to do my best," he happily explained.

It was a bit adorable, really. He harbored so much respect and adoration for Fyodor, and I wondered why that was. Normally servants are rather spiteful towards their superiors, but Ivan was the opposite. He seemed absolutely thrilled to be of service.

"Miss Ana, may I speak freely for a moment?" he tilted his head to the side with a closed eye smile.

"You are always allowed to speak your mind with me," I nodded.