I Will Dream Of You

"𝚆𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚑𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚎, "𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑," 𝚘𝚋𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. 𝙸𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚑𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎, "𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎". 𝙱𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍. 𝙷𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"It's so nice to be home where it's nice and warm" I exhaled deeply. My feet and hands felt like ice, and the entire car ride home I was fighting back the shivering. It wasn't that cold, but it was more than I was used to after being in the house so often.

"Would you like to join me in front of the fire?" Fyodor said with his thick Russian accent as he hung his coat up.

"We have a fire place?" I raised a brow and looked around. I had been in this living room a million times and yet there was no fireplace in sight. What on earth is he talking about?

Fyodor chuckled softly to himself. It was almost inaudible, but I caught it. I turned to look at him and he gestured for me to follow him, so I did. He led me up the staircase and down the hall. We passed my room, and he opened the door to his own.

I had only been in his room once, and it was brief. I didn't even notice the fireplace off to the left until I walked in just now.

Fyodor started stacking some wood into it, placing them with purpose. He took a box of match's from ontop of it and lit one, tossing it into the pit. It was quick to ignite, and I could immediately feel the warmth as it hit my face.

He then proceeded to open his closet doors and begin digging around. I watched, standing with my hands towards the fire as he rummaged through its contents. After a few more minutes of this, he walked back over with a fuzzy white blanket in hand. He layed it down on the floor in front of the fire, and used my hand to pull me down into it with him.

"Thank you, Fyodor. This is really nice" I smiled at him. I really meant it, too. Every moment I spent with him felt like a blessing I could never take for granted.

"It is indeed," he nodded with a faint smile of his own.

He would readjust the pieces of wood, adding a few here and there. He did this for around an hour before he finally settled down and sat with his legs bent but spread in front of him, arms between them as his elbows rested on his knees.

"Anastasia," he called my name lowly. I turned my head and I could see the discomfort on his face. "You know I still have to keep working on my goal, right?"

I nodded. "I would never ask you not to in the first place. I know you won't give up on it" I said with my lips pinched together in a small smile.

Fyodor shook his head. "You know what that means, don't you?"

I sighed, letting my lips relax. "I do"

"I am not entirely sure how I will have to go about eliminating abilities. But if I have to eliminate the users in order to do it, I am going to," he said with a darker tone. It wasn't a threat - he just wanted me to know he was serious.

"I know that," I whispered. I looked into the fire and watched as the embers danced above the flames. The crackling sound of it eased the anxiety that was settling in my bones. Some day, maybe even soon, Fyodor is probably going to kill me. I always knew it was going to come to that, but that was before. Before I got my feelings all mixed up into it. Before I realized that every second I spent at his side was worth any death. Before I learned that Fyodor is not a cruel man, but a reserved one. A willful one.