Over-Indulgence Is Distasteful

"𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚑𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚎 '𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛,' 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍. 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚋𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚏𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I had Ivan retrieve your belongings from the hotel before he left for his trip," Fyodor said as he handed me my duffel bag. He made the kitchen look so small when he stood. His height would always shadow over me, and I would notice how the house probably seemed much more spacious for me only because of how small I was.

"Thank you," I grabbed the bag and it smacked into my calf as it hung. The bag wasnt the only sensation i could feel though, and my heart fell into the pit of my stomach.

"Is something the matter?" fyodor raised a brow. "You look distressed"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This wasnt something i had pictured talking to him about. "i need to go to the store," I said, trying to remain vague. The less he knew, the better.

"i can have Ivan take you when he returns. So roughly two days," he stiffly nodded. He turned to walk over to the counter, grabbing a mug from one of the cabinets.

"I cant wait that long," I set my bag on the island. i unzipped it and started digging through my belongings. Everything was there. Phone, wallet, clothes, chargers, etc. I cursed myself for having not packed the one thing I needed. I was supposed to be back in the states by now, and my period was always perfectly on schedule. i didnt see the need to plan ahead in case i got it early.

"Why not? Everything you need is right there, is it not?" He said, gesturing to my bag before pouring some coffee into the cup.

"Not quite," I mumbled. I pulled out my wallet and started heading towards the front door.

"Where is the nearest pharmacy store? Does Russia even have something like Walgreens or a CVS?" I asked as I grabbed my coat off the rack. i slid my feet into my boots and began lacing them up.

"We do, but youre violating the contract," he subtly warned. He set his cup down on the counter and made his way over to me.

"Fyodor, please. Can't you make an exception?" I pleaded with him, buttoning up my jacket.

He put his own coat on and quickly followed up with his shoes. "Your hesitation for me to accompany you confirms that you cannot be trusted to go on your own"

I pressed my fingers to my temples, rubbing in slow circles. I already had a headache and he was certainly making it worse. "Can you at least drive us so that I don't have to pay for a taxi?" I asked in defeat.

He pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and we left the house. He typed some numbers on the keypad, obviously blocking me from seeing it in the process, and the door locked behind us. He tapped a button on his key fob and the lights on his black Senat flashed.

I walked towards the car but he quickly cut me off in front of the passenger door. I gave him a suspicious look, and he opened the door for me.

"You are a woman," he explained briefly. I was a bit shocked by this as he made his way to he drivers seat. On a list of expectations i had for him, chivalry wasnt one of them. It was a bit of a relief to know he respected woman, especially considering the trip we were going on.