Faina - To Mean 'Light' or 'Shining'

"𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚜. 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚝. 𝚂𝚊𝚢𝚜: 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜" -𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚊 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚒

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Dont play the song yet loves <3 I will let you know when youre supposed to

We had all spent the last few days trying to clean up the debris from the storm. Countless trees had been knocked over, most plants were obliterated, and the tide was alarmingly calm. There's something about all the devastation that natural disasters cause that reminds how you powerful our own earth can be. I remember reading somewhere that the moon controls the tide, and I just couldn't wrap my head around that. The tide, as I had come to learn, was one of the most temperamental occurrences of the earth.

"I think that's about as good as we can get it," I brushed my hands together to try and knock away any loose dirt or sand. I heard an odd, high-pitched noise coming from somewhere underneath a knocked over tree, but i chose to dismiss it. It wasn't uncommon for my head to play tricks on me.

"Yes, I concur" Fyodor brushed his own hands off and walked over to the small table that held our cold drinks, and I heard the noise again.

"Do you hear that?" I asked the two men. Fyodor blinked, with his bored expression glued to his face like usual.

"Hear what?" Ivan asked with a raised brow.

I follow the sound and bent down to investigate under the tree. I heard it again, and i was able to pinpoint it coming from somewhere I couldnt see. I began to dig through the sand, trying to create some sort of burrow. When that failed, I looked towards Fyodor.

"Can you help me lift this?" I asked.

"Why cant Ivan do it?" He frowned

"Youre closer," I shrugged. Fyodor sighed but set his drink down, coming to my aid like I had asked.

We worked together to lift the tree up, and roll it onto its side. There was a small crater in it - one that squirrels and other creatures alike would use for hibernation.

"I dont think its very wise to shove your hand in a dark hole," Fyodor scolded.

I rolled my eyes and reached around in the crevice. I moved my hand around until I felt something warm and furry, and I grabbed onto it gently. The creature was shaking and wet as I pulled it out.

"Oh my - Fyodor its a kitten!" I exclaimed as I brought the little white fur ball to my chest. It looked around with wide and scared eyes, trembling in my palm. Looking at it, it had to have been maybe 6 weeks old at most. It was very small.

Fyodor eyed the creature suspiciously as he stepped closer. He looked at it for a solid few seconds before he deemed it safe to give it a few pets.

"We have to help it," I held it out so that he could have an easier time petting it.

"I dont think we are suited for taking care of an animal," he said wearily.

"Its not that hard. Here," I grabbed his hands and positioned them to properly support the cat, and I set it in his hands. Quite frankly, the man looked mortified. He obviously has never had a pet before, nor has he ever dealt with someone else's.