A Friend

"𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚒𝚖. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜. 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚝-𝚌𝚘𝚖"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Aye! Kolya!" I could hear Fyodor call out from downstairs, just like I had heard the doorbell ring and the chatter of people. I ignored it all, though mostly I was just trying to ignore him. Coexisting gets real weird when you have feelings for them. Its like it becomes a whole different universe - one that only you traveled to.

I did my best to tune it all out. The way Fyodor wasnt even phased. The way everyone else's world was turning while mine was just.. stagnant on its axis. I slid my balcony door open and stepped outside, welcoming the sea breeze to caress my skin. My hair flicked up and the sun was setting on the horizon.

"Miss Ana," I nearly rolled my eyes when I heard Ivan summon me. I let out a heavy sigh and walked back into the room.

"Yes, Ivan?" I said a little more annoyed than I intended, sliding my door shut behind me. I think he understood the reasoning behind it though, because he didnt comment on it.

"Nikolai is here with a few friends. He has requested to see you," he gave a half smile that told me he didnt like the idea much himself.

"Ill be down in a moment," I nodded to him. As soon as he left, i started digging though my closet. I didnt need anything fancy, but I've been wearing just my undergarments and a robe all day, and that wasn't something I wanted to wear publicly. Daniella would kill me for even having Ivan see me in it.

I settled on a simple light purple dress with little frills on the end. The length reached just below my knees, so I wore a pair of knee-high black socks with it. I kept my hair down, settling for just running a brush through it. My bright blue eyes didnt particularly match any of it, but that's okay. They didn't need to.

With a slow pace, I made my way down the stairs. Everyone was unsurprisingly gathered around the kitchen island with drinks and shot glasses scattered along the counters. The only person I didnt see was Ivan, and that only fueled the discomfort.

"Assassin! there you are!" Nikolai beamed as he held his hands out. He came in and immediately went for a hug - one I didnt return and just gave an awkward smile.

"Yes its been a while," I nodded nonchalantly.

Nikolai guided me to the island with his hand on my back, pushing me to sit down on the free stool. I glanced up at everyone surrounding me, and I felt terribly out of place.

"This here is my friend Camilla," He gestured to a woman that was sitting next to Fyodor. She had a red dress, long white hair, and sharp blue eyes. Her makeup was heavily done, and she reminded me of a vampire.

I gave a brief nod and smile before i turned to the other woman he gestured to. "This is Emilia. They're foreigners much like you," he squealed with delight. Emilia wore a simple yellow jumpsuit that complimented her brunette hair very well. She had much softer features than Camilla, and she just overall radiated genuinely pleasant energy.