Chapter 6: Story Time

After Dinner

Rosalina and Mario cleaned the dishes and Mario asked, "So, Rosalina, what do you and Atlas do?"

"Well, we go visit the millions of galaxies and explore more," Rosalina replied. "We also make stops to galaxies here and there...and just be Mother and Son."

"You two seem to be great together...If only I had a mom...I and Luigi were dumped at this house and became foster kids to these people named Alex and Maria. They weren't bad people, I'm just mad at them for lying to us all these years."

"I'm sorry." Rosalina scrubbed a plate. "When I was a little girl, I lost my mother...and I don't remember my father. When I was around six, I found a Luma that said that its mother was coming from a comet, but she never showed up. We repaired Luma's spaceship and went into space to find her...but that didn't help at all. I eventually grew desperate to go home and Luma turned itself into this very observatory. Then, more Lumas came and I became their adoptive mother. It was then that I wanted to become someone who protects the ones that I love. So, I sought guidance from the gods and demigods. During those years, I gained magical powers and became the Guardian of the Universe...I also gained the power of eternal youth and life."

"What?"

"I may not look like it but I'm at least one hundred and two years old."

"Leaping lasagna!" Mario pulled down his sleeves. "I did hear about gods having the power to live forever. I bet Atlas is so lucky to have a mother like you."

Rosalina smiled. And then, a kind-sounding tone played on the speakers of the ship. The Lumas that were playing with Peach, Donkey Kong, and Sonic stopped and one said, "Yay! Storytime!"

The Lumas flew into the library dome and a yellow Luma exclaimed, "OH, MY GOD! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Rosalina turned off the sink and went to the door of the dome. "Well, we'll discuss the plans of getting the Chaos Emeralds later. After all, it is storytime."

20 minutes later

A few Lumas fell asleep, and Rohan also fell asleep on Peach's shoulder. Sonic snored and Rosalina said, "...And then the woman saw the man...and then the young lady punched the cheating man...and he fell down. And that's the story of her divorce...The. End."

The Lumas cheered and Rohan and Sonic woke up. Mario and Luigi were also startled by the sudden cheering. Rohan gasped and said, "Wow...Great story."

"Yeah," Sonic added. "Can we focus on saving the universe?"

"Again!" A Luma said.

A few Lumas then showed Rosalina a bunch of books and Rosalina said, "Oh, oh, oh! Alright! Maybe until you're all sleepy!"

"AWW, HECK NO!!!!" Rohan shouted.

Sonic then kicked the books aside and said, "Hey! Hey! Back! Back, I say! Mama's got crap to do, so, uhh...Shoo!!"

"What did you do?" Atlas uttered.

"I was bored anyways," Audrey whispered.

The Lumas then all scowled and Sonic whimpered. "Just kidding!"

"Uh..." Mario stammered. "Rosalina, Sonic, Peach, and Luigi, come with me. DK, you read these stars a story."

"Wait, what?" Donkey Kong asked.

"Rohan, make sure that DK reads to them and also, make sure that Audrey doesn't sneak off."

"Sure," Rohan said.

"Like a hawk," Atlas added.

"Uhh...." Donkey Kong stammered as he looked around the room for what to do.

"BOO, YOU STINK!!" A Luma exclaimed.

Donkey Kong gasped and then pulled out a book from his barrel-shaped backpack. "This is a story from my youth! This is "Go the Freak to Sleep."

Outside the library dome

Rosalina, Sonic, Peach, Luigi, and Mario stepped out of the dome and Rosalina said, "Okay, we'll discuss how to get to the Ghostly Galaxy." 

"How exactly are we gonna do this?" Luigi asked.

Rosalina pointed at the sun-like core in the middle of the ship and explained, "See that the core is blue? It's still cooling down since we're still undergoing repairs. It'll take a while until the core turns orange, thus making it able for full travel. Luckily, I have something that will get us to Ghostly Galaxy."

She went to the Engine Room and pulled out a cannon-sized gun. Peach gasped in shock and asked, "What is that??"

"It's a Wormhole Generator." Rosalina handed the generator to Mario. "We'll be able to travel across the universe for the time being with this." she then blushed a little. "Got it off a secret admirer."

"Wait, who???" Mario asked.

The four looked at the generator and saw a symbol that said, "Galatic Federation" and also a tag that said, "From Samus❤❤❤"

"Oh..."

Rosalina typed in Ghostly Galaxy's coordination into the generator and explained, "We need to hold the trigger for ninety seconds. EXACTLY ninety seconds."

"Around a minute and third seconds," Peach said.

The heroes held the generator still and Mario held the trigger. The plumber sighed and said, "I wonder how DK and Rohan are doing..."

Back at the library dome

"The cats nestle close to their kittens. The lambs have laid down with the sheep." Donkey Kong read with the Lumas and Daisy getting sleepy. "You're cozy and warm in your bed, my son. Please, go the freak to sleep. The windows are dark in the town, child. I'll read you one very last book if you swear you'll go the freak to sleep."

Outside, around 40 seconds later

Peach yawned and whispered, "...How much longer?"

"Around..." Sonic looked at the charge-up timer. "Twenty seconds."

Back at the dome

"I know you're not thirsty, that's bull pig!" Donkey Kong continued to read. "Stop lying! Lie the freak down, my son, and sleep. HECK NO, you can't go to the bathroom! Do you know where you can go?! The FREAK to sleep!"

"How long was I asleep?" Daisy asked, yawning.

Outside again

Sonic groaned in annoyance and then looked at the time and said, "Oh, in...MARIO, NOW!!!"

Mario quickly let go of the trigger and the generator fired a hole. Rosalina gasped awake and said, "We did it! We opened a wormhole to get to the Ghostly Galaxy!"

"Alright!"

Rosalina got to the controls of the ship and steered the observatory into the wormhole. The observatory was zipping through hyperspeed vortexes and Rosalina said, "We should go check on the Lumas."

The heroes entered the library pod again and there was Donkey Kong still reading, "...And I tiptoe away, and pray that you're FREAKING asleep...The end."

The Lumas cheered and they all fell asleep. Rosalina yawned and said, "Now that the Lumas are in bed, I should take you all to the guest bedroom dome. 

Guest Bedroom Dome

The heroes entered the hut-shaped dome and saw that there were numerous beds. Peach sighed as she said, "Wow...At least the bed's comfy." 

"Yeah," Mario replied, taking off his hat.

Sonic flipped onto his bed and uttered, "Good night..."

Audrey sighed and said, "Looks like there's no room left. I guess I'm gonna have to sleep in your bed, Atlas."

Atlas suddenly blushed and sighed. "Fine...But don't get an inch too close to me."

Rosalina waved her wand over herself and changed into her pajamas. Atlas and Audrey went to his bedroom and Rosalina walked over to hers. She smiled at the two and whispered, "Good night...my son..."