Chapter 21: The Cave of Discordia

Discordia's Planet

The Observatory landed on a barren wasteland and everyone stood outside. Rohan took a look at a giant cave in front of them and Rosalina said, "This is Discordia's planet. She made this from her bare magic. It's very dangerous, so stay together."

Atlas and Audrey held each other's hands and the heroes stepped inside the cave. It was completely dark. Even Toad couldn't even shine a light. Suddenly, the heroes found a giant light shining on a chest. Rosalina and Mario walked to the chest and she opened it to find the last Chaos Emerald. It was clear, unlike the colored ones. She pulled it out and showed it to everyone. Peach raised an eyebrow and then asked, "Isn't that Emerald a little...chunky?"

"What do you mean?" Rosalina asked.

"The Chaos Emeralds that we have are brilliant-cut but...this one's a little chunky."

"Yeah," Sonic replied. "And I think I saw a little bit of a crack on it."

Suddenly, confetti burst out of the chest and a giant banner that said, "YOU GOT PRANKED!!" and Discordia's voice shouted, "HA!! YOU GOT PRANKED, BRO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! Okay, enjoy the torture and insecurities!"

Suddenly, the heroes were separated. Rosalina, Atlas, and Audrey were in a group. Mario and Luigi were in a group. Peach and Rohan were in a group. Donkey Kong, Daisy, Toad, and Yoshi were in a group but Sonic was all alone.

"Guys!" Sonic yelled out. "Guys...Please...Please don't leave me..."

Rohan and Peach

Peach walked around the room and called out, "Mario! Luigi! Toad! Donkey! Sonic!"

Suddenly, she noticed her dress changing to white and red. Her gloves even disappeared and her crown shrunk. She gasped and asked, "Oh, no! Did Jim get the laundry mixed up with me and Rohan?!? And I thought my crown was "Wash & Wear!" I think that I'm just a lousy pallet swap now!"

"So...You call me "Lousy?" Rohan asked.

Peach turned around and saw that Rohan was wearing her colors. He had this saddened look on his face and Peach gasped. "N-No! That's not what I meant! I do like these colors when I use a Fire Flower but I don't really prefer these colors when I just wanna spend an average day!"

"Is that so? Or is it that you can't stand the thought of being me?"

"Rohan...What do you mean? What are you saying?? Are...Are you okay???"

Rohan fell to his knees. "You...You're the popular one...You're more loved, more chosen by people to go as on Halloween, and more special. You're the most powerful ruler in the Mushroom World. EVERYONE loves you! Even rivals from other kingdoms love you! But, there's me...I'm less popular, I don't have any powers like you, and you've stopped including me in Super Mario Crew things lately...I've been secretly wishing that I had what you have. I never wanted to be resentful of you...BUT YOU REJECTED ME!!!" he broke down sobbing. "YOU KICKED ME OUT OF A COUNCIL MEETING THREE MONTHS AGO BECAUSE YOU SAID THAT I WASN'T SPECIAL ENOUGH FOR IT!!! Maybe I was wrong for wishing to the Gods and stars hoping I'd be someone special. I guess, ever since we lost my parents to Bowser, I've been hit with this curse of bad luck...Maybe...the problem...is ME."

"N-No! This isn't you, Rohan!" Peach protested. "Maybe Discordia's powers are playing with you! There's clearly some external force dealing with your insecurities or-"

Suddenly, Rohan summoned a mushroom. It had angry eyes and its cap was purple and had light purple spots. Peach suddenly recognized it. "Woooaahh...Rohan? W-What are you doing with that Poison Mushroom?" she asked.