Chapter 18: Koopa Planet

Mushroom Kingdom, Earth - A year ago

Mario was looking at some blueprints for the town library. He stroked his mustache and uttered and grumbled over how to find the limited materials seeing how he was in a different world instead of Brooklyn now. He hummed his and Luigi's plumbing business theme and then he heard Peach's voice say, "Bonjorno, Mario."

Mario turned to Peach. "Peach! Did you just speak Italian??"

"Well..." Peach's cheeks were blushing. "I learned this one word from hearing you talking with your brother during breakfast, but I think that my pronunciation is a bit off. I-I can't seem to remember the word correctly."

"Buongiorno. With a little more nuance and emphasis."

"Speaking Italian sounds so lovely! Would you be willing to teach me?"

"I would love to..."

Comet Observatory - Present Day

The heroes flew through the galaxies and were bored out of their minds. Rosalina typed down the coordinates that the heroes are going to. 

Retro Land Galaxy

The Observatory landed on a pixelated galaxy and the heroes stepped off of the ship. Everything looked pixelated and like those old video games that Mario and Luigi played many years ago. Peach picked a flower and Mario took one as well. Rosalina noticed this and exclaimed, "Don't touch anything here!"

"Why?" Peach asked.

"Well...Everything here can turn the person into...a parallel version of themselves..."

"Woah..." Mario noticed his clothes turning brighter and he turned to Peach. "Peach! Your hair's...turning red..."

"Wow..." Peach noticed her hair. "I guess it's a temporal side effect-"

The two suddenly jolted with electricity and turned into somewhat slightly chubby versions of themselves. Peach's eyes were green, her crown lacked jewels, her dress was more gown-like and light pink at the top and the lower part of her dress is a much darker shade of hot pink, and she also lacked gloves. Mario became overweight, his hair and mustache were now black and his shirt and overall colors were inverted. 

(Super Mario Bros. Super Show! Theme - The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!)

"Quick, Mama Luigi!" Peach said in a Brooklyn accent. "King Koopa's got me locked up in his Coney Island disco palace!"

"MAMA?? MAMA LUIGI!?!?!?" Mario asked. "PFFT, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

The two started laughing like maniacs and suddenly, they turned back to their normal selves. Peach shook her head and Mario groaned. "Huh? Wuh...Why do I wanna go to a Milli Vanilli concert all of the sudden???" Peach asked. 

"And why do I wanna keep making pasta puns??" Mario asked.

Sonic tapped a tree and suddenly his fur changed to a more light blue color. He then turned thinner and said, "I can really move! Sonic! I've got an attitude! Sonic! I'm the fastest thing ALIIIIIVVVEEEE!!!!"

He turned back to normal and Rohan walked to the Observatory and said, "Well, I'm not sticking around to find out my retro counterpart!"

"Yup!" Daisy said.

The heroes went back to the Observatory and the ship took flight. The Observatory soared through Space and Sonic uttered, "Ugh...So bored..."

Suddenly, a laser zipped by the Observatory, and the heroes looked outside to see that Discordia's ship was facing them and opening fire. A few lasers fired from the ship and hit the Observatory. Mario yelped and asked, "Does this ship have any defense?"