Chapter 10: Water

Comet Observatory

Sonic sighed and then the ship beeped. Rosalina gasped and said, "We're here."

Mario and Peach gasped at the bowl-shaped beach planet and Peach said, "It's a good thing I brought my swimsuit and wearing it underneath."

"I'm sure we can go for a swim later on after we find the Chaos Emerald here," Mario replied.

Beach Bowl Galaxy

The Observatory landed on the beach and the heroes stepped off of it. Rosalina smiled and said to Audrey, "This is where I taught Atlas how to swim. It was actually pretty easy."

"Mother..." Altas blushed.

Toad took out a telescope and took a look from the beach. "It...It looks like the Emerald is in that tiny temple over there on the other side..."

"Did you bring anything to help us?" Mario asked. "Any Frog Suits?"

"Well...I did...But..." Toad dug into his backpack. "...I brought around five Frog Suits...not enough for all of us."

"At least we'll have some." Mario turned to the others. "Well, Toad did bring Frog Suits but...we're gonna have to..."share" them."

"You didn't bring much, didn't you?" Rohan asked Toad.

"I'll take one," Daisy said.

"Me too," Rohan said.

"I'm not wearing that." Audrey protested.

"Well, I'm willing to try one out. My first Power-Up." Rosalina said.

"I'll take one," Luigi said.

"Well, I'm taking this one," Mario said.

Donkey Kong sighed. "Well, it's a good thing I can swim."

Peach took off her gloves, heels, and her dress to reveal her pink one-piece swimsuit which had her brooch and dark pink stripes on the sides. Mario sighed and blushed. Sonic stretched and chuckled. "Don't worry, guys. You can look ridiculous all day, but I can make it across the beach and to that temple in no time!"

"It's not across the beach!" Mario protested. "We need to swim ACROSS THE OCEAN to the other side!"

As soon as Sonic heard those words, his smile dropped from his face and he whimpered. "So like.....in the water???"

"That's the ocean, smart guy."

Sonic whimpered again. Luigi finally put on his Frog Suit and asked, "Hey, Toad. Aren't you and Yoshi coming?"

"Uh...Without Frog Suits, we Toads get all cold, gross, and soggy...So, yeah, I'll just keep watch on the ship and feed Yoshi."

Rosalina put on the hood of her Frog Suit and smiled. "This suit looks more comfortable than it looks."

"Okay, everyone," Mario said. "Let's swim."

The heroes jumped into the water...Atlas waved his wand over him and Audrey and a bubble formed around them and they floated over the water. Sonic stood at the pier and shuddered. "Water..."

He then jumped onto a rock and then another rock. He was already scared and trying to keep his balance. Mario noticed this and chuckled. "SMELL YOU LATER, BLUE BOY!!"

Suddenly, Peach noticed a fin speeding through the water and said, "MARIO, WATCH OUT!"

Mario then turned around and saw a giant Cheep-Cheep pop out of the water and lunge at him. The tooth on the fish bit into Mario's leg and his Frog Suit disappeared. Mario gulped and tried to swim away but the Cheep-Cheep lunged at him again.

Sonic gasped and he knew what to do. He charged up his energy and said, "Gotta go fast..."

He then ran and zipped through the water. He suddenly leaped into the air and attacked the Cheep-Cheep as soon as it lunged at Mario a third time. The fish whimpered and swam away. Mario heard a splash and said, "Sonic! Sonic! You did it!"

Daisy swam up to him and Donkey Kong asked, "Where's Sonic?"

Little did they know, Sonic was underwater and sinking fast. He tried desperately to swim but he still couldn't do it. He gulped and his eyelids started getting heavy. He let out a few bubbles and faintly saw Mario swimming down to him...and he shut his eyes...