Chapter 9: Bee Aggressive

Comet Observatory

Everyone was still somewhat bored with being out there in Space. Rosalina meditated and then said, "How about we make a little stop?"

"What?" Peach asked. "We're on a roll! We have three Chaos Emeralds."

"Yes, but I think we should go stretch our legs and explore every once in a while." Rosalina typed in some coordinates to a galaxy. "We're going to stop at the Honeyhive Galaxy."

"Honeyhive?" As in bees? I hate bees..." Sonic uttered.

Honeyhive Galaxy

The observatory landed on a planet shaped like a beehive. The heroes stepped out and Rohan asked, "Why is there a beehive in space?"

"Again, there's a lot of galaxies in the universe," Peach answered. 

"Wow...This is something else." Sonic then touched a honeybee and it flew away.

The heroes then looked around and stumbled into a chapel part of the planet. There were dozens of bees and the queen sitting on her throne. She stood up and announced, "My children, thank you, for gathering for our daily ritual. The ritual to pray to our lord and savior..."

"WHAT THE FETTUCCINE IS THAT?!?" Mario asked, looking at the portrait of the bee god

"Shh!" Rosalina shushed.

The queen then took out a book and said, "Let's begin by reading our holy book..." she then read aloud, "According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly..."

"WHAT?!?" Rohan asked.

"...Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground." the queen continued reading. "The bee, of course, flies anyway, because bees don't care what humans think is impossible. Yellow. Black. Yellow. Black. Yellow. Black. Yellow..."

The heroes were bored while the queen kept reading. Mario made two bees kiss and Rohan threw a few at a wall hoping they would stick. Suddenly, Sonic kicked a bee like a soccer ball and it hit the queen in the head. Atlas scowled and Audrey asked, "Sonic, what did you do?!?!"

"You angered the bees!" Atlas added.

The bees all surrounded the heroes and the queen asked, "Who the heck are you?!? Intruders?!?!"

"No!" Mario protested as he then put a bee on his head. "See? I'm a fellow bee like you!"

"Oh, really? Then what is the Bee's national anthem?"

"Hm...🎵 Black and Yellow! Black and Yellow! Black and Yellow! Black and Yellow!🎵" 

The queen then shouted, "Get them!"

The heroes quickly ran from the chapel and Toad asked, "What are we gonna do?"

Mario then noticed a Lucky Block and said, "Rohan, come with me! You guys go get the ship running!"

"Yeah, it's both of us they want," Rohan replied.

The two ran off through the town, trying to disorient the many guardian bees. Mario then noticed a Lucky Block nearby and hit it. Out came a yellow Mushroom with brown stripes on its cap. He touched it and became Bee Mario.

"Oh, yeah!" Mario's hat became a brown helmet with yellow antennae, his overalls turned yellow with brown stripes, his shoes turned into a reddish-brown color, and he grew a stinger and small wings. "Rohan, I'll go high, you go low."

Mario took flight and Rohan took out his sword. "Ey, buzz heads!"

He then ran to the guard bees and quickly stabbed his sword into the ground, thus vaulting over them and making a light crash at a nearby honey store. He licked some honey from his hair and said, "...Mmm...You bees know how to make good honey."

Mario flew through the higher parts of the planet, but still couldn't shake the bees on his trail. He then dove down and the bee guards crashed into the honeycombs. He managed to fly back to the Observatory and deactivated the Bee Mushroom.

"Starting the ship now!" Rosalina said.

The observatory lifted off the ground and immediately flew out of the planet. Sonic sighed and uttered, "That was a close one..."

"Yeah, thanks to you, Blue Buffoon!" Mario said.

"What did you say?!"

"Yeah, I said it!"

"Boys, stop fighting!" Daisy said.

"Yes, we can't quarrel with each other now," Rosalina said. "We barely survived a bee attack, so we shouldn't get all agitated now."

Mario groaned and said, "Fine..."

Meanwhile in the Space Storm Galaxy

Discordia groaned as she looked around through the power plant of the planet. Krusha growled at some of the workers and Tubba Blubba shouted, "Where's that dang Emerald!?"

"We don't know what you're talking about!" A worker exclaimed.

"Augh! WHERE IS THAT EMERALD?!" Discordia swiped a bunch of papers aside on a desk. "They're useless...So is Audrey..."

"Isn't Audrey your most special henchwoman?" K. Rool asked.

"Oh, she's a good thief and a master safecracker...But she always can be replaced." Discordia chuckled. "Tell Klump to order a strike on here."

"KLUMP!" K. Rool shouted. "Order a missile strike on this planet!"

Klump pulled out a walkie and said, "Alright, all ships, fire missiles! Excalibur, come pick us up."

The villains walked out of the plant and boarded Discordia's main ship, Excalibur. The ship lifted off the ground and Discordia smirked as the other ships fired multiple missiles, thus making the planet blow into pieces. "I think...we should go somewhere where no traveler would dare to go: the Feral Galaxy, or the Land of the Untamed...I'm confident there's a Chaos Emerald."