Chapter 20: Spike's Revenge

Brooklyn, New York - Human World

Spike sighed as he finally got his apartment door open and set his toolbox down. After a long shift dealing with construction work, nosy workers and managers, and also remembering the Mario Brothers. He took off his hard hat and went to the fridge where he ate some leftover pizza and also some expired milk. 

He sat down at the table to see that his taxes were due and uttered, "Stupid Mario...If he hadn't left, I'd be rich by now! The world would be a much better place without him..."

"Then, you can make a world without him." A voice said.

He suddenly turned around to see Discordia behind him. He gasped and asked, "W-Who are you???"

"I am Discordia," Discordia answered. "The Goddess of Discord and Deceit. And I'm here to recruit you."

"I don't care who the IRIS sends, I'm not paying taxes!"

"I'm NOT a member of the IRIS!"

"Then prove that you're a god." Spike crossed his arms. 

Discordia smirked and lifted a lamp with her mind. She then pointed at it and fired a lightning bolt with her finger. Spike yelped and asked, "What's going on?"

"Again, I want to recruit you and bring the destruction of the universe. Recently, my crew has received an open spot and now, you're my best candidate."

"What do I get out of it?"

"Well, you get to kill Mario and Luigi. And you'll be paid handsomely for your services."

"Mario?!?! I want to kill that traitor more than anything!"

"Good!" Discordia then pulled out a contract. "Sign your name here and print your fingerprints here."

After Spike did that, he pulled out his hammer and said, "Let's do it!"

Discordia showed a finger and said, "I believe...that you need a makeover..." She then raised her hands and said,  "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Make him strong!" 

She then thrust her palms in front of Spike and he began to transform. He grew three times the size of Mario, he became muscular, his sunglasses became orange-tinted, and his outfit transformed into a blue buttoned and collared shirt, a silver belt, a blue baseball hat with a logo that said, "Wrecking Crew," white gloves, a golden-chained necklace, a nametag on his shirt that had his name, jeans, and boots. 

Spike laughed and admired his new muscles. "Haha! I'm buff and I bet Mario's gonna be cowering in his overalls when he sees me now!" he laughed more and asked Discordia, "Where do we start? I wanna grab Mario and suck the life out of his tiny little mustache!"

"Your new job opportunity starts now," Discordia smirked. "Now, hold on tight. We're going to where I'm from. A place I'd like to call, "The Mushroom Kingdom."