Chapter 19: Excalibur

Discordia's Main Ship, Excalibur - Outer Space

The heroes appeared in Discordia's main ship, Excalibur, and Rosalina gasped. Luigi looked around and asked, "We can't be too far from the Observatory. Right???"

"The Observatory's at Koopa Galaxy." Rosalina pointed at the planet at them. "There's Koopa Galaxy. If we can get the Emeralds back, we can make it back there and find the last Chaos Emerald."

The heroes began to explore the ship. It was pretty much a maze in Mario and Rohan's perception. Peach gulped and Donkey Kong uttered, "Man...This is taking so long..."

"Yeah, this is just like the pipes back home," Mario added.

Everyone kept walking for ages and then Toad found a door that had a sign that said, "Chaos Emerald Room. NO ENTRY!!!"

"That's not suspicious at all," Toad smirked. 

Audrey took out a lock pick and knelt to see the lock on the door. It took a few minutes but she was able to pick the lock and the heroes entered the room and found the case. Rosalina opened it to make sure and there were the Chaos Emeralds in all their glory. Sonic chuckled and said, "Now let's get the heck outta here!"

The heroes ran out of the room and to the main deck of the ship. Rosalina took out her wand and held the case tight. "Okay, everyone, hold tight."

She prepared to summon a bubble around the heroes to protect them from the atmosphere but then they heard Discordia ask, "Leaving so soon?"

The heroes then turned to see that Discordia and her Deadly Demons were there. She smirked and Sonic prepared his speed. K. Rool pointed his blunderbuss at Donkey Kong and Discordia ordered, "Attack!"

The villains attacked the heroes and Mario jumped out of the way. Sonic charged up his energy and dashed at Krusha and kicked him in the jaw. Tubba Blubba swung his fists at Toad but the mushroom man dodged every attack and countered with his frying pan. Rosalina flung a couple of Star Bits from her wand and they hit Krusha. 

"Hi-yah!" Peach kicked Razor and blocked Saw's attack. 

Rohan quickly parried one of Saw's attacks and attempted to cleave the Koopa but Saw was an evasive one. Donkey Kong slapped on the ground repeatedly and K. Rool, Klump, and Discordia fell to the ground. 

Tubba Blubba charged toward Donkey Kong but the gorilla punched the villain and Tubba Blubba fell off the ship. He yelled as he fell into the vacuum of Space and then Discordia swung her scythe at Rosalina.

She evaded the goddess' attack and Discordia said, "Go to my planet, and you'll find the last Chaos Emerald. You know I'm telling the truth."

Rosalina gasped and quickly pushed Discordia away.

"Let's get out of here!" Sonic shouted.

The heroes gathered around Rosalina and she formed another bubble around the heroes. The heroes floated off the ship and hurried back to the Koopa Galaxy. Discordia smirked and said, "I've got a surprise waiting for you there..."

Klump sighed and said, "Well, I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news: We lost Tubba Blubba."

Discordia yelled in fury and returned to the control deck of the ship.

The Comet Observatory

Rosalina fired up the Observatory's engines and Atlas asked, "Mama? Did Discordia tell you where the last Chaos Emerald is?"

"Yes, Atlas," Rosalina said. "And I...I just so happen to believe her. There was this spark in her eyes that she was telling the truth."

"If you say so," Mario said.

At the Control Deck of Excalibur

Discordia slammed her hands on the control deck and said, "Now I have to find another minion! I need someone expendable!" she then smirked as Klump watched and she continued, "Someone who knows the Mario Brothers very well. Someone strong but still naive. Someone who is sadistic and evil, wants to be successful, and do just about ANYTHING I ask."

"How are we going to find someone so detailed?" Klump asked.

She then put a finger on Klump's head and turned his head to show him a projection of Foreman Spike that she was able to witness thanks to her being an omnipotent goddess and able to know Mario's past and present. "I think we already have..." she smirked evilly.