Chapter 90 - The Unquestionable Truth

October 7th, 2026. 10:30. Unknown place. 

As the various subjects continue the experiments of their Zlocan overlords, the overseers on the other side check on their own tablets and files of the latest results from these experiments. Some of them possess those sly smiles on their faces, reading through each number and method used by those who gained the will to kill. Others, however, only give tiny little smirks when it comes to those that show those who have less than expected results, sometimes even failing in their sole test, which while merciful for some, may not be the same for those related to the subjects. 

But none matter as much for those who feel the highest potential in seeing some of them survive their experiments, if only to then pray for an answer in doing something to save them from a hell like this one. But a Zlocan eye is watchful most of the time, because if there is even a small infraction or sign of "weakness" to any of them, then they would meet a very dire fate at their own hands. Even if they survive, a trace of them may be gone forever, even if they escape from the Zlocu's grasp. 

The monitors display either individuals kneeling, puddles of blurry blood, or something in-between, with five Zlocan operators analyzing every detail of it. Aside from those with their smiles, are those with nothing in their expressions, just pure calculations to measure, reports to fill the rest and then nothing else. 

Save one. 

A door slides open, and Julian heads inside with a table in his right hand and walks around most of the room, moving aside to let the other Zlocans either exit the room for another assignment or let them mind their own business on whatever they're reading at the moment. 

Yet Julian's mind is on something else more than the results of many, as his wrinkled brows are drawn together with circles forming around his eyes as he stares at the one report he reads in detail, eventually stopping around a corner as read every single detail in it. His eyes read left and right with every single detail it can get ingrained inside of him, from the killing blow used on the competing subject, the status of the body during the test and whatnot, all while Julian tries to breathe slowly, the report being likely something too much for him to handle. 

Rita... Please don't... I don't want to lose you too... His lips quiver as he sets aside the file with the result, setting aside as he closes his eyes and glances away from seeing any of the screens showing the tests. Seeing someone like his dad, Jason, turning into a mechanical monstrosity is already complicated enough for Julian to bear, but to hear what Rita did, even in the circumstances like this, would be almost like a breaking point for someone like Julian. Even when trying to stabilize his breathing rhythm, dread fills his head about what could happen to Rita next. What could happen next to them if they do survive at all? 

But before Juilan can try anything, chuckles are heard nearby, yet he doesn't glance to see where they are from.  It comes from none other than Dakrin being accompanied by two Zlocan Knights operating nearby as they approach where Julian is, holding their tablets near their hips while also keeping their distance from Julian while Dakrin keeps his grin in check with the escorts. 

"Hey, Garreth Junior? You miss your little girlfriend?" Darkin asks followed by a brief laugh coming from him, which makes Julian gasp in response, a noticeable increase in the pitch of his voice as well as he tries to maintain eye contact with them, unsure of what they intend to do. 

"Huh?! Little... What are you talking about?" Julian asks, eyes widened and keeping his distance from Dakrin and his escorts as well. What do they want from him at this time? 

"Come with us, we got a little surprise for ya," Dakrin replies with a sly grin on his face while pointing at the door with his right thumb. Despite the pause between him and Julian for a few seconds, with a few glances back and forth between the Zlocans observing and Dakrin, it seems that there's not much else to do if he refuses.