Chapter 97 - A Leader's Spirit

October 9th, 2026. 12:00.

As the base reaches for the day under the sunlight of autumn, the mood inside gets even more active and livelier than ever, as the gap between them and Los Angeles is lessened day by day, victory by victory, and with each of those steps taken, every part of the Zlocan war machine is torn apart by the efforts of brave beings like the EW, as well as a handful of allies, even from those of the refugee conscripts.

To show the way they feel about the latest events comes in the form of the main cafeteria located in the center, where aside from the ones at the counter as well as some passing soldiers along the way, the ones grubbing and sipping while sitting on the tables are EWs like Logan, Jack, Ed, Malak as well as Lucy as a way to learn more about Humans, while accompanied by a handful of refugee conscripts like Rian, Adi and some guests that got in with some permission from Sly. Some go for some cherry or transparent sodas, others go for local beers, or some water, all that matters is to keep the spirits up from the latest events.

"Cheers, mates! Damn Zlocs gettin' their arses kicked an' soon lookin' more an' more like gowks!" Lucy says with a wide smile as she holds a big glass full of brown beer. The rest cheered in agreement with smiles and laughs and such, some even hugging each other as they drink and grub some of their snacks on the table. Some chips, vegetarian hot dogs, as well as some lab-processed chicken skewers, are what's available to enjoy for those in the room.

"And the gravy is that now some good ol' fellas are gonna ram things up their backyard. Couldn't think of a much better turnaround for them," Ed says as he stands up and raises his bottle of cherry soda before taking another sip and then sitting back in his seat. Logan is merely quiet while a bottle of water is in front of him, which he goes for another sip, while munching at one of the chips to his left. Right to his left is none other than Adi, who aside from an amputated arm, still has the same looks as ever and still with a bright smile on his face.

"I must say, young man, you're quite fortunate in getting to be here in assisting us all the way here, you know?" Adi asks as he leans next to Logan.

"Well, it's just necessary. Saving innocents is a necessity when it comes to jobs like this," Logan says while looking at Adi.

"Oh I see now, small words yet one big heart," Adi says as he chuckles for a bit. The same can't be said of Rian, however, as he merely glances away while taking a sip from a beer can.

"Don't play nice with those words of yours, Logan. You shouldn't share what you think with some who may later backstab you," Rian says with a frown on his face.

"Still hardened as always Rian? Try to loosen that up for a moment, please," Adi adds.

"Nah, that wee laddie jist needs some more time an' grubbin', that'll teach him!" Lucy says as she holds to Logan's shoulder while tilting her head constantly.

"Come to think of it, this would be the best time to introduce each other and know more of us, isn't it?" Malak asks as she smirks while holding a skewer in her right hand.

"Right. I'm Logan Preaker, 26 years old. Some hobbies include exercising and looking at interesting stuff, even some comics and anime too," Logan says as the others glance at him. Some even giggle at such mentions of these kinds of hobbies.

"Yep, our main boy," Malak says as she winks at Adi.

"That's good, but what do you prefer to drink at parties?" Adi asks.

"Some water and some tea would do if it's too big for me," Logan replies while chuckling for a bit.

"I'm Gerardo Pascua, I'm 23 years old. I'm specialized in mine swiping, and my hobby is listening to Frank Sinatra!" the conscript next to Rian says as he stands up in a firm position. It causes some laughs from others while some stares from others like Jack and Ed.