Chapter 119 - The Young and Curious

The day continues as the Warriors go on to their daily routine as their scouting mission in the Evolving Zones of South LA, with Seiner testing most of the gadgets at this disposal to check for surroundings, no matter if it's from a friend or foe. Aside from him, there's also Jack and Lucy going for some scouting missions in search of certain volunteers to help them out but with little results, while Andrei keeps practicing with his shifting body in anticipation of a new attack that may screw him over. Regardless of the type of work, it all comes to one common goal, one undermined by the forces thrown on their way. 

But not just the ones like the Zlocu and their collaborators who increasingly resort to more insidious tactics to the Warriors, but also the internal ones present with some of them, ones that stem from memories that were lost on the passages of time, and now return in its purest form of vengeance. 

Some may try to take it with stride, but others feel like it's one big drawback that needs to be taken off by any means necessary, sooner or later as time demands it. 

Julian and Rita observe as Rian marches away from the tent, holding his elbows wide from the body, legs planted wide as they move in a jerky way. Certainly, not the best way to end certain conversations with some partners from "work", ones that go recklessly in the open even if it relates to personal matters. As Rian makes the turn to the right between a block of buildings, Julian and Rita glance at each other with some raised eyebrows, with narrowed eyes to boot, as Rita glances at the tent for a bit. 

"For someone supposed to be our handler, he doesn't look that different from the teens back in high school," Julian says while rubbing his chin. 

"Well, you know those types well, Jules. Must let out the heat better alone as they say," Rita adds while nodding. 

"I know. But still, most of us are already in the dark over certain secrets. First Tany and now Eddie, and our boss always answered with unnecessary venom." 

"Pretty much. Albeit, I'd take my sweet time before getting them to spill out what they know." But just as Rita presses on, a certain individual steps out of the tent, raising his head as the two step back a bit to let the individual head out at ease. 

All from none other than Logan, who nods for a bit and gives a slight smile on his face. 

"Hey, did I interrupt something?" Logan asks. 

"Oh, no. Not at all..." Julian says while scratching the back of his head while trying to smile. 

"You kinda did but yeah," Rita answers, to which Logan replies with a nod before heading to a bench near a street on the left, to which Rita glances back at Julian, who then sets his armor straight. 

"Gotta find our boss before things get crappier than they already are, you coming?" Julian asks while holding the gun in his pocket and glances around for a bit to both sides. 

"Actually, I have to talk with Logan first. There's something about him that kinda unnerves me." 

"Oh, right. Well, guess we have to play a bit of therapist for now, but anyway, wish you luck." With that, Julian marches off to where Rian recently headed in order to settle things over what happened lately, and see if he can show more of what should be needed when it comes to what to expect of a leader to them. 

Meanwhile, Rita walks toward Logan who is sitting on the bench next to the deserted street. Logan is rubbing his hands on his pant legs as he gazes around the area, whether it's the crumbled-down buildings, some of the people in blankets shielding themselves away from them, or the occassional Zlocan hovercraft patrol in the distance. All with one gaze with unmoving eyes as he takes a deep breath while checking on his arms and such. Two days of hard work is one thing to always expect when it comes to a mission like this.