Chapter 131.2 - Cradle to the Grave

"Those Zlocs... They had to do this because they hate losing...?!" Rita says as she clenches her pile bunker, her sights still on the list they just uncovered, a reaction that's shared with Rian and Seiner with their light blade and blaster respectively, yet Rian breathes in stable ways in comparison to the others. When compared to other atrocities that the Zlocu have done in the war, this one is certain to shake up the core of tensions between Humanity and the Zlocu even more than ever. In fact, there's even the question if both species may be able to mend their ties after a conflict of this magnitude.

As such, even the most devoted to peace may come to doubt on how to judge the Zlocu based on actions like this one.

"Of these hundreds of names to gather, it would surely bring up the screams for the blood of hundreds as well..." Seiner mutters as he steadily takes photos of the files with his tablet, as well as using a USB drive to download the files from the computer so that the physical evidence can be shown in the case that someone throws the accusation of the photos being fabricated. 

"You're damn right it would, man," Rian answers as he turns away for a bit, namely to check on the door on their back to see if there are still some enemy soldiers that are heading their way. 

Yet even though the sirens still blare faintly, the reinforcements have not reached the room yet, despite the highly classified nature of it. Perhaps there are some other things planned for them that they aren't unaware of yet. 

Such is the nature of those like the Zlocu and their collaborators when it comes to dealing with people like the EW. 

As Seiner continues the download, Tany shakes her head continuously while clenching her fists with her eyes closed, especially with the staff in her hand. 

Can we... really do anythingly anything to save enough...? Those kids... If their families find out... Tany then glances at both Amira and Logan, who are very petrified after reading the list, with Logan, in particular, having dropped his blade and breathing constantly, more than the usual amount needed, combined with a twitchy eye. As for Amira, her hands tremble constantly with her mouth left open as she stares into what she read before. Even from an isolated Soranian, such experiments are ones not even that her group had stomached at such a scale. 

For that, Tany takes a deep breath and then grabs Amira's right hand, but despite this, she doesn't glance at Tany for the gesture. 

"Hey Ammy, I know this may feel scaredly horrible for you but... Maybe there's hope that they can be saved, right?" Tany asks as she slightly smiles despite what's shown. 

"You think so, Tany? I do not know if this will be the case," Amira says in a near whispery tone, her hands still trembling from the sight of the results. 

"Maybe so, but even stilly still, the word 'solution' wouldn't even exist if nothing was solved, ya know?" With that, Amira slightly nods as she sighs. Maybe even in the rarest of chances, something can be done for the poor souls who underwent Gefa's experiments for far too long. They may try it, no matter how long it takes. 

"Yes, do anything to save them... No matter what, we will try everything to honor their lives up to this point, right Logan?" Amira says as her hands stop trembling and glances at Logan. Logan, however, merely replies by grabbing his sword and clenching it as tight as he can, then only nodding at Amira without glancing at her. For that, it's enough to make both women frown at this gesture. 

"If it means then there will be no more senseless deaths and no more wasted lives... Then we will do so," Logan replies as he tries to maintain a firm posture with a swift nod as well. For others, it can be another step to restore more of the previous losses that haunt them, but for Logan, there seems to be something far deeper that' is trapped in his mind. One that is fully sealed from the rest, and like a key from a door, it can only be opened on one side.