Chapter 141 - Awake and Alive

10 minutes later. Back at the Evolving Zone. 

The humming from the IV machines echo through the room, with Julian still in a bedridden state, unconscious yet still alive despite everything that has happened to him. It's certainly a miracle that even an inexperienced one like him was capable of going through such a session from the likes of Boris, a man who has seen everything in the world, including what's not meant to be seen by the rest of Humanity. But even so, such experiences can come with a price in how someone like Julian may deal with the aftermath. 

And whether the spirit can still burn inside them to keep on fighting. 

As Julian continues to rest, the door on the right side of the room slides open, which is where Rian comes in. He pauses for a bit to check on the room, mainly if there are no further signs of intrusion or anything like that. Aside from some of the cracks and the flickering lights on the ceiling, it seems that there's no trouble for them at the moment. With his hands in his pockets, Rian takes a deep sigh before glancing back at Julian, where he gazes at him for a few seconds, almost as if pondering for something that may have resulted in something better. 

Boris, if I ever find you, you'll swear for mercy from anyone else, or even the Zlocu... With a small grunt, he walks toward Julian and then stops right on his side. He gazes at his left arm, where it took most of the brunt of Boris' attacks a few days ago. From how heavily bandaged it looks compared to the numerous cuts in various parts of his body, or pieces of rock debris around the chest as well. 

"I'm not sure if you can hear this, Bata, but in times like this, it's better to do it sooner than later..." Rian then takes a seat on the bed next to Julian, where he sighs once more. "I've been thinking a lot of what was said, was done, and all that stuff. Yeah, I know about the experience in life and everything like that, how someone from a privileged ethnicity like yours cannot really understand what it means to endure hardship and what to expect from the world, and so much more." 

Rian then glances back to the entrance, still left open showing nothing but a white wall in a dimly lit corridor in the barely functional building. For a region that is already on the brink after so much of the Zlocu's rule, it's a wonder that medical equipment can work in this sort of place, especially when it concerns Seiner's creations. But even so, there's so much one's creations can do. 

"But you know... There was a lot to think about after what happened. You may have not heard it but old man Ed came in and, as much as I think he's out of his core... He does have a point on how we treat each other, especially Rita when she once tried to smack Logan for what happened. Then shit hit the fan and now both Logan and Amira are missing, even worse if they believe in what we accused them of... It sucks to lose people, you know, and I get it... But I thought a shield to defend myself from those fears would defend me, prevent me from spiraling down into a point of no return." 

As he continues to speak to him, his left hand trembles a bit. Everything leading to this point, all the instructions, protections, and arguments that have happened with Wolfpac, it all seemed that it may lead to an unusual yet spirited time for 3 inexperienced warriors to take on a world that doesn't really understand them on many levels. Even despite the setbacks, they may still keep on forward and improve each time. 

Yet, can all responsibility go to other should anything happen to them? Perhaps there's more to Rian than he wants to admit in public like this. 

"The summary is this, Julian, because I think I may be beating the bush way too much but... I'm sorry... Yeah, just that, sorry. I misunderstood you a whole lot, more than you with me. You seem like a good man who had too much to bear... And maybe you deserve anyone more than me, Don't know about me after we're done, but... Yeah, I've been a dick, for far too long, with you... But even moreso with-"