Chapter 19 - Enter the SHADOW

August 22nd, Jerez de los Caballeros, Spain. 19:00 

On the Fort located between the Spanish and Portuguese border, there are tons of Zlocan knights patrolling around the fortress. Drones are put on alert to detect intruders in the hallways while Zlocan Walkers are guarding a precious item kept in the San Bartolome Church. Near the entrance, a Zlocan guard is watching every corner of the area, all to make sure his job is done well.

As he's whistling, a tree branch starts to move, causing the guard to inspect if there is something suspicious about said tree branch. After checking for a moment, he initially shrugs it off, thinking it was just some stray animal let loose on the forest. That is until a shadowy figure grabs his neck and snaps it. The figure then puts the dead guard on the bushes to make sure no one sees the dead guard.

"Have a nice break, pal," the figure says to him while smugly giggling, at which he jumps on a wall.

***

Inside, three guards are patrolling every corner of the tree near the old Templar castle. Everything seems normal, all quiet with nothing to bother them. The quiet breeze around on the sunset is their only "companion" at the moment.

"Hey, hoose! Want a piece of me?" a voice shouts on the right side of the church, causing the guards to detect him and shoot him with some burst of their rifles. As soon as they open fire, the figure mysteriously vanishes. The guards are confused for a moment, closely observing the place where the shadowy intruder was.

Suddenly, without even the blink of an eye, the guards are struck with long golden knives in their necks.The figure puts a device in front of them that cloaks their bodies into the simple floor. Most would never notice.

"Poor devils, we are in modern times and yet they can't tell real from illusion," the figure says as he leaps off the distance.

***

Near Convento de la Gracia, drones are stationed near the wall to detect the presence of intruders. As they continue to patrol, a mysterious grenade-like object is tossed to the ground. The drones start to scan, but then, just before they recognize it, the EMP bomb detonates, causing the drones to deactivate.

To further add to their humiliation, a shadowy figure cuts the fallen drones in half with a saw blade.

"I think you have a visit to the junkyard guys," the figure says before leaping near a wall and dashes as well.

***

On Ronquita Street, an Inquisitor tank division is patrolling the streets doing their job of finding any sign of dissent in their way.

That is until the tank commander notices something unusual on the street.

"¿Qué diablos es eso?"

He signals one of the Inquisitors to check the object scattered on the ground. The object turns out to be a...Playboy magazine. The Inquisitor can't help but find the situation a nice little peek out of duty.

"Mira muchachos, al parecer alguien se le perdió su juguete calientito."

But before he prepares to share his fun with his comrades, the magazine explodes on his face, causing shock among the Inquisitors. Before they can act, someone throws a gas grenade towards the main group, and they're incapacitated in less than a minute later. The figure who did it is in fact, a female figure.

"Meninos nos dias de hoje..." says the figure in Portuguese before flying off to a rooftop with a grapple hook.

***

On Llano de la cruz street, a Zlocan patrol is rounding up local rebels for attempting to revolt against the occupation, but even in the face of execution, the rebels don't show signs of fear in front of the execution squad, all while facing their heads down away from the Zlocan Knights.