Chapter 135 - Sin and Punishment

2 hours later. 

The one dark blue hue of the sky has shifted one made of pure black, with only the faintest of stars to be seen in the sky. Even though there's little electricity in most districts below, the charred smoke shrouds most of the skyline while distant chatters and screams are heard from some streets nearby, yet strangely enough, all without the presence of the enforcers or even the Zlocu to deal with it. Regardless of what it can be, it's the byproduct of what was founded before, and how Zlocans made it more palpable than ever. A bigger irony after all. 

Such is the fate of an ideal that relies on one's benefit at the cost of others. 

At the cost of their lives and dreams for the future. 

At the cost of removing a heart to feel no pain. 

At the cost of twisting one's place on Earth amidst a vast universe. 

Thus, their future feels more distant and uncertain than ever because of this ideal, especially as long the Zlocu and their collaborators can keep a tight grip on this sole city left in North America, as distant it may sound, the spirits will be rendered to be left in the dust. 

Deep within the streets of a long road that leads to a two-way street, the stomps of footsteps are heard nearby,  three pairs to be exact, yet one comes at quite a forceful force compared to the other two. The road is borderline barren, the closest there is for any presence is that of some burning barrels that are scattered on the sidewalks, as well as some torn-down motorbikes on the right side of the road. The three figures step closer to the center away from the wreckage where they follow a certain individual. 

Logan, Seiner and Tany, all together looking for the missing piece of this team, with Logan pacing as his eyebrows draw together, as well as a gaze that can only see the deepest beyond in front of him while being while they look puffy and red. All of it while Seiner glances at him with narrow eyes with the eyebrows pulling down like a form of concentration, with Tany holding Logan's right tightly as she glances at him with a frown as well. Despite those gestures, Logan can do nothing but keep his gaze on the emptiness in front of him. 

No matter how tight Tany can press her hand to him, Logan does not answer back, not even with a slight glance at both of his friends, which makes Tany sigh for a bit while glancing at Seiner for a bit. 

Loggie... It's not your fault she's gone... 

The three then stop right in the center with the split road, with Logan taking some deep breaths as his eyes dart to all directions in front of him, with Seiner pulling his tablet out and showing a sonar-esque map of the street they're in. For this alone, Seiner can only sigh while shaking his head. 

"Still no sign of her... I don't think she would go into hiding like that," Seiner says as he observes the sonar not picking anything that can remotely resemble an energy as equal as that of Amira's. 

"Not even a single one...?" Logan asks in a shaky tone. 

"Nope, none," Seiner replies. Logan then glances to the floor as he takes some deep breaths and thinks of the possibilities of where may Amira have gone. 

Kidnapped? Lured in? Or perhaps something worse than death? So many questions lingering inside Logan's head and yet finding so little time to answer at the moment. 

"Trust me, Logan, even if you find her, you two will face an even harder task ahead, but most importantly, some damn counseling," Seiner says as he glances at Logan whose eyes tremble while the pupils still dart on all sides. 

"But, what about those who need saving...?" 

"Oh, Loggie, wouldn't it be bestie best to at least cheer up the rest to see that at least they'll be safely safe? That would be a finely fine way to comfort them!" Tany says while tapping on Logan's shoulder as she smiles a bit. Seiner, however, only groans in response while putting the tablet away as he glances at Tany for a bit.