Chapter 121 - Prayer of the Refugees

Roughly around the same time. 

The streets in downtown LA are quite a peculiar sight, with only a handful of cars, mainly fancy and shining ones that pass through the roads, the civilians passing by with either ties and suits, casual t-shirts or even jackets that have particular black suns or crosses in them, either by chatting or laughing together. All while some Zlocan enforcers patrol the streets with the convoys passing through regardless of the traffic lights, with hover drones for good measure.  All of it can make those who are unaware that maybe the city is better off under the Zlocu and their allies, a better future for all Humans. 

However, like always, appearances can be deceiving on what can something present itself to the public. 

At times when some Humans pass through Zlocans, some of the frowns from the chatter shifted into smiles and even wide grins when passing them, certain comments suddenly turning into praises and mere compliments and statements of whether they accomplished any errands they had to complete, and so forth. It is a suitable atmosphere when it comes to working with a power far beyond understanding in Human brains, and such brains have to adapt their mind for species so unknown to them. 

But some handle it better than others, especially when it comes to sneaking past them. 

Around the street near a mall full of stories cafeterias and bars, three individuals with yellow helmets and blue trousers, orange gloves, and white shirts pass through the edge of the road near the lane, all while carrying their red boxes with some tools to use, likely for repair and such. One has a lean build in the body, with some beefy arms, the two behind the lean figure are two bulkier men, one light-skinned, one dark-skinned. 

The lean figure raises their head up, revealing some familiar eyes, feminine ones at that, as they tilt to the side of the mall. 

"You sure this is gonna be the place, Amanda?" Eron asks while they wait in line as the traffic light is in red for a moment.

"It's what Snakebite entrusted us with, Eron Heartman, less we get piled up by the wolves," Marcello adds without glancing at a blinking Eron while holding the red box of tools. 

"It's gonna be a few miles ahead, our contact should be right next to the cafeteria," Amanda says as her eyes lean to the bar with the name of Lenz Litter , one that has curtains that cover what it looks like inside of it, yet looks spacious enough to keep a handful of customers busy in many ways. 

But as they wait for the traffic signal to shift to green, two men with black jackets with symbols of crosses on their shoulders walk by near the left, both are bald and close to each other. This alone makes Marcello lower his head as well as the yellow cap, with Eron taking a deep breath while holding his hand as the two stop near the bus stop. 

"Keep it, dudes," Amanda whispers while she keeps her posture as tight as she can get, all while the two collaborators just keep themselves busy with their chatter. 

"The Zlocu actually want to increase the number of reservists for the city if it's attacked?" the bald man on the left says while raising an eyebrow. 

"Well, you know, it's to accommodate the new number of Reborn they constructed as well as us Humans," the one on the right replies while gesturing at his surroundings. 

"I don't know, I think they're flexing too much on us Americans, they should know better in who they're speaking to-" 

"Am I missing something, gentlemen?" an armored Zlocan enforcer asks as he approaches the duo, having listened to the conversation near the bus stop while not batting an eye at the "construction workers" with some unease in their arms and legs.