Chapter 13 sunken

Romeos POV

I could never get over how dam beautiful this woman is , her gorgeous long think brown hair that moves like silk along her back, her plush pink lips that look and taste like forbidden fruit ,
She has the most gorgeous green eyes I've ever seen , I could get lost looking into them forever and never be bad mad.
Everything about her is absolutely perfect . From her face and body to her heart and personality. I've never believed there was such a thing as perfection until she waked into my life .

As me and Athena where talking a gunshot rang through the air of the restaurant bringing our conversation to an abrupt end . Quickly after a smoke bomb was thrown blocking my vision. Fuck I left my gun in the car all I brought with me was a knife .As I'm standing in the smoke unable to see anything I realize no one has tried to attack me. If this attack wasn't aimed at me, the only other person they could be going for is Athena.

I start looking around frantically for Athena yelling for her yet no answers . While I was searching for her , I hear yelling and there's only person that talks like that.

GET THE FUCK OFF ME YOU PERVERTED FUCKING PIMP BEFORE I SKIN YOU ALIVE AND FEED YOU TO MY DOGS!

Yep that was definitely Athena. I run over to where I heard the noise come from as I think I'm getting closer i hear a man screaming.

Romeo where are you ?! Athena's yells out to me , to which I yell back where I am.
After a little bit less then a minute I see Athena's through the thick fog but there's a man behind her creeping up while she's already defending herself against someone else . I quickly sprint towards her and pull out my knife and aim it at the man behind her.I throw the knife at the man and get his leg causing him to fall to the ground . Athena sees me and quickly runs over to me .

We need to leave quickly, I say  grabbing her hand so I don't loses her in the smoke.She nods and starts running through the smoke with me. Once where outside i realize it's dark outside. I grab the car keys from my pocket, unlock the doors and start the car .Once me and Athena are both inside I race out of the parking lot towards my house. I'm not sure if hers is safe right now .

Romeo we're being followed she says looking at me .

No where not I've been watching .I say looking in the rearview mirror just in case and everything looks good .

Fine you can be a stupid dick head but I'm not dying  today she says shooting me a nasty glare and pulling out her gun . She rolls down her window and climbs out the car window and sits on the edge so her upper half is out of the car facing behind us.

What the fuck are you doing your gonna get hurt .

Saving our asses Volker she say middle fingering me .Romeo take four lefts she says with most of her body still out the window .

Why ?I say genuinely confused.

Just shut the fuck up and do it , how do you not know this your supposed to be a mafia boss. She says with a low growl .The next chance I get I take a hard left and grab Athena's leg so she doesn't slip out of the window even more.Once I take a third left and the car is still there I hear Athena's cock her gun .

Whatever happens Romeo just keep driving she says to me still out the window.

Ok,I hear a loud gunshot and tiers screeching .

That's one car down ,Fuck there's more pulling up to us Romeo .I hear her take out a couple more tires , my heart almost stops beating when I see it.

One of the guys has a gun and am pretty sure she hasn't noticed.

Athena get back inside the car one of the guys has a gun .

FUCK , she yells as a gunshot fires way to close beside her .if she hadn't ducked when I told her to that bullet would have punctured right through the middle of her stomach. She knocked out a few more cars and quickly ducked back inside the car and looked at me ,there's to many Romeo and I'm out of bullets .

Athena your bleeding through your dress, I look down at her stomach ,panic growing like a fire someone's  poring gasoline on.

It's fine I got lucky the bullet just scratched the side of my stomach ever so slightly, she says giving me a reassuring smile.

Fuck this is bad , just then I have the worst best idea ever .
Can you swim love ,I say seriously looking at her .

I can but the water freaks me the fuck out so not well  ,why? She says looking at me confusion written all over her face .

No time to explain . Do you trust me I  say looking at her .

Not really she answers crossing her arms over her chest .

Good enough I say turning the steering wheel sharply swerving off the highway into the river below us .The car hits the water and I quickly roll down the windows so we can swim out before we sink to much into the cold dark water.

Romeo I can't do this she says starting to panic.

It's okay , There's no time to do this love. I'll pull you to the surface myself if I have to . Once the water is about to our belly buttons I signal to go now . Even with her complete panic she trusts me and swims through the window, she shouldn't trust me.
I swim toward the surface where the air I so desperately crave awaits me on . I make it to the surface quite easily and frantically start looking around for Athena . After a few brief seconds that felt like hours she pops her head out of the water and finds my eyes .

Even though the river shore isn't a far swim the  current is extremely strong not to mention the river is way to deep to touch. I make sure she's okay ,she says she's fine but I know she's not by the look on her face. I look back and quickly check those cars that where following us are gone to which they are.

Once where about half way to the shore I hear yelling behind me , I quickly look behind me where Athena is and she's thrashing around yelling .

NO NO NO PLEASE NO I CANT BREA- that's the last thing she says before her eye lids start to closes and she blacks out. It was almost like she was having some kind of flashback.
Her body starts to fall under the waves, the river quickly taking her under the water. I hadn't realized how much farther she was behind me until I was desperately trying to swim to her.

Once I reached where her body was before the tide took her under I quickly go under the water trying to keep my eyes open against the cold water. I bring her back to the surface will me. Once I hit the surface gasping for air with her small unconscious body in my arms I swim faster then I ever have before to the river shore .

Once I make it to the shore  I lay her delicate body against the sand and see if she's breathing.Fuck I yell she's not breathing and her body is so fucking cold if this doesn't kill her hypothermia could.I check for a pulse ,it's barely there not to mention it's decreasing rapidly after about four seconds her pulse is nonexistent.

Panic starts to run through my body almost as much as blood does as I start chest compressions , rapidly hitting her sternum as hard as I can .

One two three four five ,all the way up until thirty . Once I do thirty chest compressions I give her mouth to mouth and check her pulse and still nothing . My only option now is to repeat and pray it's not to late .

Thanks for reading,I'm trying to decide on a new cover ,I was wondering if you would help me over on ticktock to decide . My username name is , Kaylalemky
Next chapter will probably be out in the next day or two :)