Chapter 26 pinky promise

Athena's POV

I slowly open my eyes and try to adjust to the odd lighting. I look around to see Romeo sleeping in a chair beside the bed I'm laying on, his head and arms resting on my legs. Where the fuck I'm I?
I slightly shuffle my body causing Romeo to stir.
His eyes flutter slightly open before his whole body shoots upwards. Before I could ask where I was he launched forwards wrapping me in a tight hug.

Holy shit Athena.

Where I'm I Romeo? I question still unsure, all I fucking know is everything hurts.

He pulls back to look at my face for a moment and then answers my question.

You showed up at my warehouse and wouldn't leave, you punctured a lung and had to get surgery. After he finished talking I can finally remember the events of the last few days.

I thought I lost you Athena, I was so fucking scared. His voice sounded so small and broken like a puppy who got kicked.

Come here, I say patting the spot beside me. Without hesitation he climbs into the small hospital bed with me. Her carefully wraps his arms around my body trying to be cautious about the IV's in my arm. I rest my head on his shoulder and melt into him. He rests his head on top of my own and pulls my body so it's flush against his.

I'm sure this is much better than the hospital chair I say giggling and moving my head so I can look at his eyes while he look down at mine.

You have no idea, he says while bringing his lips down to mine.  We reset our heads to our original positions while we find comfort in each others embrace's.

I was so scarred, your heart stopped beating! You were considered dead. You can't leave my again. Please! I grab the sides of his face and wipe the tears falling from his eyes.

I would never leave you.

Pinky promise , he brings his pinky out towards me.

I pinky promise love.  I complete the promise by locking our pinky's together and sealing the deal.

Wait, what did you call me?

Love? I say grinning.

Hey! That's my nickname for you. He starts laughing while tickling me.

H-hey  that's n-not f-fare! I can barely speaking I'm laughing so hard. Romeo s-stop it!

Oh fine.

I move my body down so my head is laying against his chest now, listening to his heart beat.

Goodnight Romeo.

Goodnight love.

I feel sleep take over my senses but with sleep also comes the nightmares.

Flashback to when Athena was 13

Why are you doing this?!

Because i fucking can you ungrateful shit!

I didn't do shit to you!

Watch you fucking mouth women! He brings his fist back and than pushes it forward to my face, over and over and over.

Why? I just wanted to ask you about mom!

Don't you fucking talk about her. He brings his hand up to my throat cutting off my air making me unable to breathe.

Why can't I ask about mom! I barely spit out, the hand enclosed around my throat making it hard to breath or speak.

He grips my throat than pulls my head forward before slamming it brutally backwards against the concrete wall in his office. He pulls my head forwards than backwards again and agin until I started sobbing.