Chapter 28 broken trust

Romeos POV
I would really recommend playing, six feet under by Billie Eilish or bruises by Lewis Capaldi for this chapter!

I hold Athena tight as she shakes in my arms. I was losing my fucking mind while she was inside. She had been inside the house for around 30 minutes before I couldn't resist coming inside.

Fuck! She yells throwing her head against the wall so hard it immediately draws my attention. She hits her head a few more times before I grab the sides of her head to stop her from hitting herself anymore. 

Love please don't do that, I beg to her.

I was to late Romeo. Her eyes harbour so much guilt and saddens its practically radiating off her.

There was nothing you could have done love. I run my finger over her cheek in a comforting manner. After a while of talking with her and trying to get it through her head that it wasn't her fault, I manage to get us into the car and on our way home. I look over at Athena who has barely said a word and rest my hand on her leg. The car ride home was silent, I could see Athena's brain moving  a thousand miles and hour disbite her quiet exterior.

Once we make it home, well to my house I bring Athena to our room and lay her on the bed. As much as I desperately need a release  I understood tonight's not the night. I lay down on my aching back beside her and intertwine our hands. As I lay there I can't help the thoughts that intrude my mind. I really have no fucking clue about Athena or her family. 

Athena?

Yes? She turns to lay on her side facing me.

I think for a moment about how to ask my question tentatively. How did your parents pass?

Her face drops for a moment before she quickly coves it back up. My mother was in an car accident. That's all she says before she breaks eye contact. That's Odd, Athena's not really one for short answers.

What about your father?

She turns her head back to me he face giving away no emotions what so ever, the only indicator is the way she clenches and unclenches her fists by her side. Dead, is all she replies turning her body around facing away from me.

Athena what really happened?

She turns her face back to me, her face laced with one of the coldest glares I've even seen on her before. It doesn't fucking matter! she snaps standing up from the bed.

What the fuck is going on with you? You can tell me! By now I'm starting to get annoyed, why won't she just tell me? She's never been one to hold back from me.

Nothing, now just fucking drop it Romeo! She yells walking through the bedroom door and slamming it behind her. Now I'm fucking livid, I was just asking her a question. I stomp over to the door and throw it open slamming it behind me. I stomp over to Athena and grab he wrist turning her around.

Get your fucking hands off me before I brake them! She yells snapping her wrist to her chest like I had burned her. When she's mad even the demons run for cover. Despite my anger I can't help but laugh, that's my girl.

What the fuck is going on with you. How did he die?!

FUCK OFF ROMEO! It's not your damn business!

It is my damn business Athena! How many more secrets do you really have? Do you even love me or is that also a secret?

What the actual fuck Romeo! Your acting like a fucking child! I am fine. By this point anger is seeping off both of us, our demons dancing together in one brutally, beautiful, dangerous,
synchronization.

I've seen the fucking scars, your not fucking fine! Who hurt you? The last sentence I said much softer.

Just drop it Romeo, please. This time she also lowers her voice while bringing her hands up to her temples.

Why won't you open up to me?

Why won't you just fucking quit it?! I'm a big girl, I don't need your fucking help!

You obviously do, you can't do fucking anything without someone holding your hand. You brothers are fucking gone because of you. Your life is a fucking shit show! You can't do anything without fucking it up somehow and your so fucking stubborn. By the time I've finished my ranting of shit I know is not true I'm so fucking unbelievably pissed.

Range overwhelms me as I stock to the door. I hear her whisper so quietly that I almost didn't hear it when she said, "I know"

I feel my heart break a little bit, realizing the shit I just said to her was so fucked up. Guilt and anger overwhelm me. I quickly make a brake for it and head to the front door to escape this mess. Running away from my problems like I always do.

Please don't go Romeo, let's just sort this out together. I can hear the pleading in her voice but by now I'm to far gone. When you let anger get the best of you it also brings out the worst in you.

Go fuck yourself! Despite her desperate pleas I slam the door in her face and make my way to my car and jump into the drivers side. I start the engine of my car just as Athena opens the front door again.

Romeo, just come back inside! Please don't leave me, I can't go through this again. I feel unshed tears well up in my eyes at her words.

I know that if I where to look at her any longer I would fall back into her, so instead I shift the car into reverse and back out of the driveway. The last thing I see is Athena on the pouch on her knees. She has a hand tightly clasped around her mouth while the other is clutching her stomach. I fell guilt completely shatter my heart. I'm unable to look at the state of her this way knowing it's my fault so instead I go to the only place I can think of.

My strip club.

Thank you so much for reading. I really am so sorry I haven't been updating a lot, just been supper busy trying to rebuild my home, my family had a house fire about 2 years ago... having lots of problems with insurance so we'll have to rebuild it ourselves.

i will really try to update more❤️ working hard on my new story, should I release the description? I really appreciate it when you guys leave comments! Like vote and comment, she you next time;)