Chapter 29 waiting game

Athena's POV

I watch as he drives away leaving me on the porch alone with a shattered heart. Once his head lights are long gone I shuffle off the porch and drop onto the driveway ground. I bring my knees up to my chest and curl up into a ball on the cold sharp gravel beneath my body.

Sobs rack through my body while tears stain my face like a tsunami. I feel physically sick to my stomach. I asked him to stay, no scratch that I begged him and he still left, they all leave eventually. Why I'm I always so fucking stupid?!

I just, I couldn't tell him. I don't even know how to fucking tell him. It's a lot easier to be angry at people than tell the why your hurt. I can't even fucking bring myself to think about the shit he put me through! How the do I explain to him that I killed my father out of cold blood!? That he was trying to force me into an arranged marriage with his friends son. The same man who sexually assaulted me for years all the way until I was eighteen, well until I finally lost it.

I refused and we fought for hours. At one point I swear he was about to kill me. So I did the only thing I could do, fight back. I fought tooth and nail, I eventually got his gun and shot him once in each shoulder. I wanted him to die a slow and painful death. I wanted him to suffer for the shit he put me and my siblings through. I left his body in his office and never looked back.

Fuck! What the fuck is wrong with me!? I sob into the cold night air. I lift myself up so I'm sitting on top of my knees.  I bring my hand the the ground and rapidly bring it down on the sharp rocks beneath me until I can feel what I assume is blood dripping off my hand. Once I'm done I lay back down unable to move at the slightest chance he might come back for me.

I sit there for hours praying those headlights will turn around when he realizes his mistake, they never do. I sat there the whole damn night unable to even muster the strength to move my useless body. Once it was 8:38 am I finally realized he wasn't coming back or at least not soon. I had sat there in a ball, sobbing for about 11 hours straight. Through rain and the cold of the night, I waited for the slightest hope he might come back to me.

Once all my tears where long gone and my body had recovered I attempted to stand up. My head feels dizzy and my body feels unstable. After the events of last night my mind automatically  turns itself onto auto pilot.

Shit! I just remembered I haven't taken any of my recovery medications. The doctors prescribed me some medication after the surgery. I've already missed three dosages. I open the front door to the house and step inside. I can immediately tell something feels off but I choose to ignore that gut feeling.

I make my way to the kitchen and pull out some random leftovers I fond in the fridge and put them into the microwave. The pills say to take them with food so I Gobble some food down and try to hold it in. I grab the pill bottle and contemplate some fucked up opinions. It would be so fucking easy just to take a few to many and never have to wake up again, so easy.

I stair at the pill for a good 25 minutes contemplating life. I eventually decide to not do anything to stupid and only take a pill or two over the suggestion in hops it will knock me out for an hour out two.  I shoot the pills down with a glass of water and stand up. As soon as I do I feel all of my stomach fluids rush around inside me.

I sprint to the bathroom and immediately head straight for the toilet. I lift up the toilet lid in a rush and immediately empty out the contents of my last meal into the toilet bowl. I throw up until all that's coming out is stomach fluids. Once I'm sure I've got it all out I slowly walk over to the bathroom sink and grab my toothbrush, the one that's right beside Romeo's. just another painful reminder of the events of last night. Once I've washed the vile taste of vomit out of my mouth I mindlessly wander around this massive house on auto pilot trying to distract my chaotic mind 

As I rummage through the house I find photos of Romeo and his family smiling, looking like a normal family, something I'll never understand. My finger mindlessly wanders over one particular photo.

Romeo, his parents and who I assume is his younger sister Maxine are all standing by a massive statue. I've seen other photos of it before, it's a tourist attraction in Luca, Italy. I remember Romeo telling me his family still lives in Italy but he came to America to  help expand his mafia.

It's odd to look at, a complete family with two loving parents and two happy children. Stability, something I never had as a child and something I may never understand. I wander through the house for around an hour more, my emotions on auto pilot.

I decide to call Romeo, I really just wanna sort this out, he just needs to understand I'm not ready to open up, I just need  time. His words also hurt me, he said some fucked shit. I grab my phone out of the pocket of my pants and search for his contact number. Since he's pinned in my favourites along with Dina and my brothers I find it quickly.

I press the call button and wait. The phone rings out a few times before it goes to voicemail. I try again and again and again, I realize ether he's ignoring my calls or his phone is off or something like that.

As I was debating on calling my brother for probably close to the thousands time I hear a loud crash and bang

I run to the bedroom where I think the noise came from. I still can't quite pin point this unsediling feeling. It doesn't take me long to figure it out. I make my way over to the white nightstand on the right side of the bed, my side. There on the nightstand beside the shattered glass on the floor is a white envelope, arranged neatly on the nightstand. I frantically read over the words on the paper that read,

I'm always watching you Athena, how are your brothers doing? times ticking:)

I look up from the note to notice something about the bed is also off. It wasn't made last night. Someone was here in this house and they want me to understand the where here for a while.

Shits about to get real guys! If you guys ever need someone to talk to just send me a message, my ticktock and instagram are both in my bio or you can message me on wattpad. Sorry for the late chapter been busy with school and stuff. I hope you guys liked that chapter please like vote and my favourite comment!

All read all the comments lol. Love them all SM!