Chapter 14 memories

Athena's POV

Flashback
I was playing hide'n seek with Zane and Kingston in our cabin one summer when I was 7  and my father caught me hidden inside of his office.

What the Fuck did I say about going into my office you pice of shit ,he yelled dragging me by the hair to the lake outside the cabin .

I'm sorry dad I forgot I say pleading with him hot tears streaming down my face at a rapid pace.

Stop making excuses you bitch and own what you've done .

It was an accident I swear father I just forgot, I beg and plead with him but nothing works.

You won't forget ever again he says bringing my small body to the edge of the dock and pushing my head under the water .
I thrash and kick trying to get air desperately, my eyes start to get heavy and my body stops thrashing around so he lifts my head above the water allowing me air .

Are you gonna go into my office again he yells in my face.I nod my head no repeatedly. He pushes my head back under the water until I'm almost unconscious again before bringing it back up.

ARE YOU GOING TO GO INTO MY OFFICE  AGAIN!?

NO father I won't I swear please just stop.

You don't order me around you mut of a girl , that's the last thing he says before pushing my head under the water this time not letting me up for air.I remember waking up in a private hospital .

It's funny before that I was always a good swimmer but ever since that night the sight of lakes ,oceans,rivers freaks my out. But swimming in one feels like being forced under the water once again having to relive the whole  situation all over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up coughing water out of my lungs desperately trying to get all of it so I can breathe remembering the feeling all to well.
Once the memory's come flooding back to me I feel as though I'm gonna throw up .It was like reliving it all over again.

It's okay ,I'm here . Romeo says from beside me , it takes me a moment to realize that he's the one that probably brought me back to shore . The feelings and the memories are all to much I feel like I'm about to combust. I feel a pair of hands who I assume are Romeos wrap around me from behind pulling my body close to his .
We're still sitting on the ground with his chest to my back. I'm sitting in between his legs , both his hands are wrapped tightly around my waist while his head is resting  on my shoulder .

I realize I'm shaking and crying in his arms but I can't seem to care nor stop. He doesn't seem uncomfortable or annoyed like I thought he would ,instead he sits with me telling me it's okay and how he's here, giving me all the support I couldn't ask for.

After I stop crying and am just shaking he lifts us up caring me bridal style and starts walking ,I don't give a fuck where's he's walking as long as I'm in his arms . I'm shaking partly because I'm still freaked out and partly because the only thing that's keeping me from getting hypothermia is Romeos body heat .

I peel my head away from Romeo's head to see where we are it's a hotel. I'm strong enough now to walk I think , so i tell Romeo he put me down he asks me if I'm sure .I say am sure , he's gives me a worried look and puts me down and quickly intertwines our fingers offing me extra support .

You sit here and I'll get us a room ok love? He questions pointing to the chair in the lobby.

I'll be fine Romeo I say raising an eyebrow.