Peace

Peace, that's all that really mattered, to you, your father, mother, and him. That's what this is for, that is why you stood in a room at the church pacing, out of fear or because of how un-sure you were of this working. You loved your family, and knew surely that James Barnes couldn't be that bad of a husband. The biggest deal was that James' family was your fathers rivals, and this would bring peace like all of you wanted finally.

Soon enough you walked down the aisle with your father, James' blue piercing eyes stared at you, his dark brown hair slicked back, every intricate detail perfect on him, you and around the room. That was the day you were sure your life would have changed forever.

You and James didn't really mind one another, both of you were married, and you both understood that you and he had very different days. You'd get up, get Coffee, and then go to the in-home gym, and you wouldn't see much of James until dinner.

Bucky, he would wake up with the sun, much earlier than you, he could admire your beauty for a few moments before getting up and heading for his in home gym before he took a shower and ate breakfast then he usually had business to attend to till dinner in which is where both of you would end your day with small conversation.

The two of you didn't know each other well. This marriage was business after all, but both of you had an already underlying love, and care for one another. But you both just sit and stir and sit there.

One morning you decided to get out, it wasn't like you couldn't leave the house, you got into your car, and went to a small coffee shop, then to a random gym. When you were done, you got to your car opening the door, when you were stopped by Thor. "What the hell are you doing?" You asked, you hadn't seen him since before the wedding day, he was your old bodyguard.

"Look I couldn't do this then and definitely shouldn't do it now, but Y/n." He cut himself off by kissing you. "I love you."

You shook your head, you and Thor had a friendship that all you ever saw it as, you never had romantic feelings for him. "I-I can't- I don't."

Thor rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on!" He yelled. "Y/n, I spoiled you, I gave you almost anything any time you wanted, I didn't just protect you, I cared about you, I gave you all of it so you'd grow to love me."

A face of disgust washed over your face. Thor was ten years older than you and he became your body guard when you were ten, you realized all the trips to amusement parks, and diamond necklaces from out of nowhere were all sinister for him."Oh my god, you've known me since I was a kid!" You yelled.

"Let's not do this out here." Thor tsked, as he went to grab your arm and pull you away.

You pulled away. "No get the hell away from me Thor!" You fight back by getting away from him. "You basically groomed me!"

"Oh! Don't call it that!" He hissed, rolling his eyes. "Come on Y/n, don't act like you care for Barnes."

"He's still my god damn husband, and he hasn't done anything as fucked as that!" You fought back, you rushed to get into your car, rushing as you drove away, tears rolled down your cheeks, you tried viciously to wipe away your tears before you got home.

You pulled into the garage, and found Bucky with most of his men. "Shit." You hissed to yourself as you wiped away to clear your tears, you came up with something to say, you grabbed your purse and gym bag. You opened the door and got out, trying to get by without being noticed, James noticed though, he followed you through the door back into the house.

"Y/n, are you okay?" He asked, as you kicked off your shoes in the mudroom.

You nodded. "Yeah, i-it's just a headache, I'll take some medicine and then be fine." You shrugged off, about to walk away.

"What's actually wrong?" He asked following you. "Don't lie to me this time."

You sighed. "It's nothing."

Bucky sighed at your passiveness. "Come on, what happened? Y/n, if someone hurt you I should know."

"I wasn't hurt physically, it's just my old body guard, he probably followed me when I left, and then he talked to me after I went to my car, and he kissed me-"

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." Bucky growled out.

You shook your head. "Don't start shit by killing him, my parents are coming tomorrow for dinner, talk to my dad then and he'll deal with it."

Bucky sighed out. "Fine, I'll wait, we're leaving for something, I'll be back later." Is all he said before leaving.

The next night you waited, with your family for Bucky, this wasn't looking good. "Does he do this often?" Your dad asked, you could hear the irritation in his voice.

You shook your head. "No, he's always on time. I don't know where he would be."

Your dad tsked. "If he is fucking around and just expecting you to sit around I'll pull you out of this marriage." You shook your head in exchange for saying no.

Then the dining room doors opened. "Sorry I'm late." James spoke, sitting at the head of the table, as he began to eat his stake. Blood was splattered on his face but his suit seems to be fine and pristine, not a drip on it.

"Give us a moment." You said to excuse yourself and your husband, you both headed to the kitchen wearing down a rag to wipe away the blood on his face. "What the hell did you do?"

He shrugged then mumbled. "He touched what's mine."

Your brows furrowed barely understanding what he said. "What?"

"He touched. My. Wife." He stated, now loud and clear. "He wasn't going to just get away with it."

You rolled your eyes. "Bucky." You sighed. "You don't own me."

"I know I don't but you own me, and I will do this over and over until all of New York knows not to fuck with James Barnes' queen." He spoke softly, before pulling you into a soft kiss. "Let's go have dinner, I'm sure your parents have questions."